Seven

" Is that a sledgehammer? " Flora asked with a frown when she met Hawk the next day at the dojo, " Is that what you used to break Meat's arm? Am I next?" She pretended to sound panicked but a smile played over her lips.

" I don't need a sledgehammer to break your arm." He matter of factly said which made her smile wider, he had came up with the idea of building an Okinawan sparring deck and was looking forward to starting the day with some positive energy but then there she was, " Come on, Flora! Can't you just let it go?" He sighed, " You weren't here when I....you weren't here before."

" I'm aware of that." She gave a nod thoughtfully, " But did I really had to be around when you were slutshaming my sister and were being underwear-buddies with a bunch of arseholes?" She got it wrong though, what he meant was she wasn't around when he was just known as a freak, the kid with an weird lip or so they called him, the kid who got shoved into lockers and got drink spilled over his head.

" And I'm sorry for all that. I mean it." He told her sincerely," Come on Flora," A sigh escaped his lips, " We....we could be friends? " He offered with an exhausted smile although it came out more as an unsure nervous question.

" We could also be rare specimens of an exotic breed of dancing African elephants." She half grinned, " But are we, Big Birdie?" She paused for a second, " At least I'm not."

" Hawk what the hell dude!" Miguel exclaimed eyeing the sledgehammer as Sam followed behind him, " Please tell me that's not to..."

" What? " He exclaimed,  knowing what Miguel meant, to trash the dojo, " No. Umm,..." He unzipped his backpack and pulled out his ipad and then showed them his idea of the Okinawan sparring deck.

Both Miguel and Sam had a confused expression on, so did Flora but then when Hawk started to explain it, it seemed cool. Flora stared at Hawk while he kept explaining the whole design to them, did he just become so much attractive? A thing about Flora was, she never could like anyone based on their looks, if that was the case her pants would be hanging over her ankles the moment she saw him. But now that he was so dedicatedly explaining the idea, as he had a frown on and his lips turned up into an excited smile. Nerdy? Yes. But she swore she has never seen a cuter guy in real life. Even that stupid mohawk and the color red looked good on him. And he knew she was staring at him, but not in a way she always stared at him, not like her regular I wanna torture you to death for being an asshole to my family but in a way where he could feel the warmth from her gaze and he liked it.

Sam suggested they break the fence and use the extra space, while Demetri and the others joined them to hear the plan too.

" What about your dad?" Miguel asked Sam and then looked at Flora, " Would he approve? "

" He's just a drama queen." Flora said snorting a bit as she rolled her eyes, " I can just go like all... you know... emotional-blackmailing and fake tears. He'll listen to me."

" So you're saying he won't listen to me?" Sam asked in disbelief as Flora shook her head, " Why? I'm the one doing karate!"

" Cause I'm the younger child?" Flora told, "Have you seen Ant's video game collection? " She exclaimed, " It's bigger than the Kardashians career. "

" Fair point. " Sam nodded.

" Alright.." Hawk said as Flora looked his way and blood rushed to his cheeks, " We should get started." He said looking anywhere but her. 

" Yeah, even if sensei doesn't approve after Flo's little crybaby act, if we're halfway through breaking the fence he'd have to let us build the sparring deck." Demetri nodded thoughtfully.