Twenty

Flora was back home, and she was annoyed and guilty. She tried apologising to Amanda for a thousand times for not telling her she felt sick, but her mother replied with the same old thing, I'm not mad, I'm disappointed

Meanwhile, Daniel didn't go to work at all since Thursday, to keep an eye on his daughter's health.

The debate was back on, whether and how to let Flora back into school.

And over that Flora couldn't find her phone or laptop, little did she knew Sam hid them, so she didn't have to see all those posts from School's anonymous gossip instagram page about her. There was even a rumour saying she was actually on drugs that day.

Demetri once came by, when she was asleep, so he left, leaving her a stack of comic books. She was way too confused on which one was the beginning. And there was also a note on the comic stack saying , 

I'll strike first if you get any food on these."

And then she received so many cards, Moon gave her the cutest one, Johnny even sent a card, apparently there was a lot of scribbling and then crossing off.

Now she was on the living room couch, as she watched "Bridge to Terabithia" with Sam, and Anthony, all of them were still in their pyjamas, a typical Saturday morning. Anthony roasted the shit out of Jess, and turned the whole sad movie into a comedic one that Flora wanted to kick him out.

There was a plate of brownies in between her and Anthony. Which had only one piece left, and both the siblings reached for it at once, only for Anthony to get it first. 

" Come on Ant, I came back from dead." She argued. 

" You die like...8 times a year." Anthony said boredly. 

" Mummy!" Flora called for Amanda, who could be anywhere in the house at the moment, " Anthony stole my brownie."

" Give your sister her brownie back, Anthony. " Amanda's shout came from the upstairs. 

" Come on don't be a bitch now, Gorgon." Anthony told in annoyance to his sister.

" Mummy!" Flora called again, " Anthony called me a bitch."

" Wow, you're such a saint." Sam snickered rolling her eyes from her bean bag chair while she was the only one aweing over Jess's effort to build a bridge. 

" Don't call your sister a bitch, Anthony. " Amanda called back, " Even though she has been acting like one," she added.

" But she taught me that word." Anthony called back before stuffing the brownie into his mouth while smirking. 

" I also taught you how to not be an arse, dickwad." Flora glared at him.

" Mom!" Anthony yelled again, "Flora called me a dickwad."

" Mom!" Sam called out in annoyance, " No one is letting me watch the movie." 

They heard a hard slam of door and Amanda's frustrated scream soon after. Only for the door to open again a few minutes later, as Amanda walked downstairs to her kids, looking as gorgeous as ever, in a silk shirt and wide leg pants.

" Are you going somewhere?" Sam asked frowning.

" We are going somewhere. " Amanda said, making the three of the them confused, " We are going to adopt, we are gonna be six from five. Oh yeah six from five." She singsang. 

" Does dad know?" 

" Oh no, it's a surprise. " Their mother replied, " Now go get ready,"

" Adopting? " Flora asked breaking her silence, " Precaution if I suddenly got crossed off of God's living beings list?" She grinned, " Sounds brilliant. "