Twelve

Flora was still adjusting with the fact that she had a crush on Eli. She even asked herself several times how is that even possible. But then again having a crush on someone doesn't come with much logic. She had a crush on her therapist once, again doesn't make sense.

That day she made sure to not cross path with Hawk because she didn't know how to act.

Kids ran around with balloons in their hands as the music played on in the indoor park, purple, blue and green light danced around.

" Mummy why are we here again?" Flora asked with a frown, annoyance reflected her voice, " I can't even get on the rides....I have tried bribing that guy into letting me get on that dancing horse." She pointed at a musical horse with a kid around the age of 7 on it, "and kids are like walking germs. I could die!" She was wearing the burgundy sweater and jeans as she had one of those huge glasses in her right hand.

" Yeah, did we really have to come to this?" Sam asked, bored, but that was just an understandment.

"Uh, Sheila's worked for us for ten years." Amanda told them with a smile through gritted teeth, " She's practically family. " then she looked at Sam, " Anyway you used to love to babysit Cindee." Amanda's eyes caught Sheila as she sent a wave, " Oh hi."

" Doesn't change the fact that this is just about the last place I'd like to be spending my Saturday. " Sam told her.

" I don't even know Sheila or Cindee." Flora informed, and then looked around anxiously, " This is it. I must call Louie to pick me up right now. I could die!" She exclaimed, " Kids having happy childhood  stabs me into PTSD. " She mumbled looking at the giggling kids, but no one heard her.

When most teenagers got jealous of other teenagers who's got it shiner than them Flora never did, what made her jealous is kids having a real childhood experience. There are so many things she missed out on, like that musical horse, and now her time to get on that horse was over.

"A lot of people have it worse than you." Amanda said as Sam sighed and Flora scoffed looking at her mother with a raised eyebrow,  " Okay maybe not you." She assured the girl.

"Makes me feel a lot better." Flora said sarcastically before linking her arm with Sam's, " If we die out of boredom we do it together. " She promised. 

" Always. " Sam replied. 

.....

Happy Birthday Cindee was written widely on a banner on the wall as the kids cheered seeing girls dancing in mermaid costumes.

It reminded Flora of her 5th birthday when Amanda got two guys, wearing clown make up into her hospital room, they had a banner with Happy Birthday Flora on it and Amanda was recording the moment so that everyone back home could see her laughing at clowns as well.

Sam's eyes fell on Tory, who was wearing a purple wig as Amanda's smile flattered changing into a mortified expression. Tory's smile weakened as well.

" Sexist, in it?" Flora thoughtfully asked reading into Amanda's expression wrong.

" Did I say the last place I want to spend my Saturday? " Sam smirked, " I meant the first."

" Is this another Climax I have no clue about? " the blonde groaned. 

........

" The Prince did everything to climb the mountain but the dragon carried me there so he could eat me alive." Tory said to the kids gathered around her, " But then the valiant Prince came to my rescue. "

" Nice story." Flora gave a nod interrupting her, " Not to interrupt or anything but I think you should add a Princess there to save you. Fairytales are just sexist clichés. "

Tory gave her a look between smile and confusion. 

" Is that the Prince you stole from the other princess? " Sam asked sarcastically, ignoring Flora.

" The other Princess wasn't dating the Prince anymore. " Tory firmly told her.

" Okay." Flora hopelessly sighed, " Females aren't supposed to hate eachother for a Male, don't you think? " She paused,  " What is it, a Jelena drama?"

" Anyway the dragon breathed hot fire at the Prince. " Tory said ignoring Flora, " melting his sword. " then she looked up and smiled at the blonde, " Now I had to save the Prince."

" Girl power." Flora cheered dorkily looking at the kids, " I've no clue which one of you is Cindee, but pay attention kiddo, would you? " She dramatically said.

" Using what?" Sam asked sarcastically as she glared at Flora, " A weapon? Like I don't know....Spiked bracelet or nunchucks?"

" Sounds rather disturbing also serious animal abuse." Flora said with concern, " It's not the dragon's fault he needs to feed off mermaids to survive. "

" Yeah of course not." Tory said reserving her anger towards Sam, " By singing a magic song."

" Oh and how might the song go?" Flora wondered with innocent intentions. 

The kids started to ask Tory to sing them the song and being helpless and in need of money she gave in, " Beautiful dragon please go to sleep. Sunset is falling now time to count sheep..."

Sam chuckled, " Wow and I thought you were bad at fighting. " as she walked away.

" Yeah do not sing again." Flora said giving her honest opinion, " You've got shite lyrics, love. " and then the girl decided to follow Sam as well.

" Who the hell is that?" She asked Sam looking over Tory who was sitted far away from them now," And why do we hate her?"

" That is Tory." Sam said with an exhausted thin lipped smile.

Horror shadowed Flora's face as she said, " Fuck! I was sitting next to a teenage sociopath for the last ten minutes and you did not tell me?" Her expression darkens in betrayal, " How could you, Samantha? "

But before Sam could reply they were attack by glitter bombs and not having much experience with jump scares Flora let out a horrifying scream. All the eyes turned her way. She liked being the center of the attention but it wasn't the right kind. She could hear whispers and laughters as well. She felt like those little noisy dramatic girls she rolls her eyes at.

" Die witch." The kids that threw the glitters chanted again and again as Flora's eyes watered, was it the glitter itching her eyes or the overwhelming feeling of embarrassment she was unsure. 

Amanda had seen what happened as well, but before she could reach either one of her daughters Flora bolted towards the ladies room. And even though she was at the verge of crying she walked away like some fashion show was going on and she had the Hadid sisters as her walking companions, head up, shoulders straightened backwards, loose arms and even but fast steps, just like she practiced in her free time.

..........