Twenty Five

" Do you have anything I can change into?" Flora asked, a difficult frown on her face, " I'd rather die than sleep in jeans." She huffed, kicking her heels off.

Eli processed her words for a few seconds before replying, " Yeah, try the closet."

" Eh, never again, " She grinned, bouncing over to his closet to look for a perfect fit for herself. There were multiple hoodies and for some reason they were all either in Black, Blue, Red or Purple with really loud tag lines on it. Then in the furthest part she found a stack of sweaters.

" These jumpers are horrible, did you actually used wear them?" She glanced back and asked, curiosity in her features. Anyone would have misunderstood this situation as a fun sleepover seeing Flora's vibes.

Eli grimaced, getting a flashback of Yasmin's comments from back in sophomore year. After flipping the script some part of him wasn't ready to let go of the old Eli yet so he kept all his old things in a far corner, hidden in his closet " Mom got them or whatever, "

" Right," She said before pulling out a grayish blue sweater, "This one actually looks cute, might as well try it on."

" You just said they are horrible, " He deadpanned. 

" Maybe I'm a hypocrite, broke in tonight, didn't I?" She casually said, examining the sweater, " I just got worried, you weren't answering the door or your phone."

" Sorry about that," His ghostly voice said.

" Don't apologise, " She shook her head, before walking back to him where he was sitting on the bed, and kissed his temple, " I'll just go and change quickly, "

In the bathroom Flora took several deep breathes. She knew that she was being horrible at comforting him and she could only hope that the kisses and hugs were making up for it. She stripped her top and jeans and pulled on Eli's massive sweater. It covered her butt perfectly but left most of her thighs bare. The sweater arms were so baggy that her palms were hidden in them. She undid her ponytail and tied it back loosely before exiting the bathroom.

Eli was lying on the bed now, his legs hanging lazily at the edge. He glanced at her but there wasn't much reaction. The light in his room was dimmed now.

" This doesn't smell like you," She scrunched up her nose, sniffing the sweater, a knowing smile on her eyes.

" Nothing like your rom-coms?" He asked with a little smile, though it was like he was forcing himself to joke.

She grinned, " But it's comfy, I'm stealing it." As she laid down beside him. Even though the night was gloomy her heart was beating so loudly against her chest. She so badly didn't want to fuck it up, she just wanted him to feel okay again. 

" You look nice in it," He said with his lips twitched up a little. 

And then a silence settled over them, the both staring at the celling. There was a shattered alarm clock in a far corner that Eli happened to throw earlier in frustration, at the lack of control over his own emotions.