chapter 2

Molly's POV:

I started to wake up and there were voices. Lots of them, but mumbled. I heard a door slam and I sat up startled. I looked to where I heard the noise and saw Sodapop walking in with my bags. He said "hi Molly didn't mean to scare you." I said "it's okay." I sat up and stretched.

There were other boys in his house. All of them eyeing me. One in particular looking me up and down. I smiled sat him. He was kinda cute. Soda said "guys this is Molly she is gonna stay here for a while." Another boy in the room who was younger, but looked somewhat like Soda said "cool I always wanted a sister." I smiled and I said "what's your name." He said "ponyboy." I said "cool name."

Then the one who was eyeing me said "I'm Dallas and I'm single." I laughed and then another one said "Dally don't scare her off, I'm Johnny." He seemed so sweet. I said "hey." Then another said I'm Two Bit and this guy here is Steve." Steve smiled at me and I smiled back, was cute.

I said "thank you for driving my truck." He said "no problem." Soda said "my older brother Darry will be home soon, I talked to him about you over the phone. He's all good with you staying here." I thought what about your parents, but I didn't ask because I was nervous.

I said "okay thank you." Soda said "Steve come help me with dinner." Steve got up and they walked into the kitchen. Dallas said "where are you from?" I said "Arizona." He said "you drove?" I said "yeah, it was a long drive." He said "why did you leave." I said "my abusive father." He said "that's why I left New York."

I said "it sucks, you know." He said "I miss my father." I said "me too, he was an asshole, but I still have some good memories with him."

About 15 minutes later I got to know the gang and they were nice people. Soda said "dinner is ready." The boys ran in like it was the last meal they would ever be eating. They ran so fast for food...weirdos.

Soda saved a seat for me next to him and he said "sit, I'll get you food."

He brought me back a plate with mashed potatoes and pasta. I said "are you trying to make me gain more weight." He laughed and he said "I know it's starchy but trust me you'll be full after." I smiled and I said "okay."

At dinner they all talked about their day and I think the most interesting was Dally. He was a bad boy. He was cute but I could tell he got into a lot of trouble.

Somehow the gang already knew about Soda and his ex. It must have happened this week, not today. I think he was just trying to make me feel better. I looked at him talking to Steve and I could tell they were best friends. They were sweet together and they were funny.

Steve was across from us and he said "so Molly where are you from." I said "Tucson Arizona." He said "have you been to Vegas, it's close." I said "yeah I went there a lot." He said "is there actually strippers just walking the streets?" I laughed and I said "yes, my brother took one home once."

My brother is 22 and in the army now, so his perspectives on women have changed. Steve said "really, what was she like?" I said "she was nice and she did everything my brother asked." He said "you gotta get me to Vegas." I laughed and I said "okay I'll try."

Soda said "where is your brother now?" I said "in Texas at an army base." Steve said "cool I want to meet him, the army sounds interesting."

I said "yeah I miss him though, it's a lot of time away from home." Steve said "yeah I couldn't leave Soda behind." I smiled and I said "you two are cute together." Steve and Soda both said "ew." I laughed and they both smiled at me.