CHAPTER 41

DUAA

"Even if I like you?"

No no no.

"Even if I want something serious with you?"

You can't you can't you can't.

My brain kept repeating those two sentences as my heart was beating rapidly.

I was suffocating. For a moment it felt like I couldn't breathe. "Can you please stop for a moment?" I told the taxi driver and he stopped immediately.

"Are you fine, ma'am?" "yea, I- I just need some fresh air." he rolled down the window and gave me a bottle of water.

"Thank you. Thank you very much." "If you want I can take you to the hospital." "no no. it's okay."

I came out of the taxi and leaned on it, taking some deep breaths. After staying in that position for a couple of minutes, I got back in.

-----------------------------------

"Thank you so much." I told the staff members who brought me my luggage. "No problem, ma'am." they left the room.

I opened my luggage and thank god everything was there. Including my documents. How come my mind didn't even think of it?

Oh I know why.

My passport, identity card, physical card etc..all of them were there. I looked at the time and it was 6:34 pm. The airport is almost 20 minutes from here.

I hesitated to leave without telling him or without him. But after what I did today I don't think I can look him in the eyes. I told the hotel staff that I was leaving in case Eryx asked something.

After almost 30 minutes I made my way to the airport. And within another 30 minutes I booked my ticket. My flight was at 8:05 pm.

Meanwhile I called Afra from the airport's phone booth since I didn't have a phone of my own.

She bombarded me with questions but I told her I am going to answer everything when we are face to face and in the end I took her address as I had the plan to spend the night with her.

"Okay. see you within three hours then." "bye babes." "bye."

Afra lives far from where I live and she just recently moved there and if I remember correctly she lives with two other girls who also moved there recently.

Now all I gotta do is wait until it's the time for my flight. There was a baby girl in front of me and she was extremely cute.

Mashallah.

She had the most gorgeous grey eyes. She would be about 5 or 6. She offered me the sandwich that she was eating.

I smiled and shook my head. "Are you alone here?" she shook her head and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand.

I was smiling like an idiot as I was looking at her.

"My daddy is here. He went to buy me water." "Oh really?" she nodded quickly. "What is your name?" "daddy told me to not tell my name to stain-sten-straingers."

I laughed at her cute struggle.

Seconds later she giggled excitedly and she was staring to her right. "Daddy!" I also turned to her direction and saw the man.

Wait. That's him. Zain.

He didn't notice me as he came close to the kid who is apparently his daughter and picked her up. "I missed you, daddy." he laughed at her. "I went away for a minute, baby."