CHAPTER 34

ERYX

"Sky? What are you doing here?" She scoffed and came inside, a small bag in her hand. "You are the one who desperately wanted me to come." shit...I forgot. She said and made herself comfortable on the couch. I looked at Duaa who was already looking at me with her eyebrows frowned.

Guilt spread in my chest. I wanted to go to her and explain every single thing. Why did I text Sky to come. Why I didn't kiss her. Why I was afraid.

"Hmm..lemme guess. Waffle?" Sky said, making mine and Duaa's gaze shift toward her. She was pointing her index finger at us. And then I realised we were covered in waffle mixture. Not completely but enough. I looked at Duaa and saw her cheeks reddening.

"Yea, we were making waffles..." I went to explain but Sky interrupted. "So is that a new kink of yours, huh?" she chuckled. "Don't worry, I'm into it." I sighed loudly. I liked Sky. I do like Sky but right now she is being the most irritating person ever.

"It's not like that." I answered and she eyed me and Duaa again. Me being shirtless definitely wasn't beneficial. "Sure." she said and turned to Duaa. "Till I am here, you can join us too. You know what I mean, right?" she winked at Duaa. I could see her jaw tightening and hands curling into ball. She was angry.

Without saying anything she walked fast toward her room, completely ignoring me calling after her. I looked back at Sky who just shrugged. "Well, show me my room. I have to freshen up." I didn't have any will to talk to her so I just told her where her room was, which was right beside Duaa's and made my way to the kitchen.

Taking a tissue paper I started wiping the batter off of me. Every single second of the last ten minutes playing in my mind. It felt like a dream. The best dream ever but in the end I had to make it a nightmare.

I was crazy about her. I wanted to kiss her. I was going to kiss her. She didn't push me away. She pulled me in this time. But I couldn't. It's like something inside me snapped and stopped me. It was guilt and regret. I knew she would regret it and I wasn't ready to see it in her eyes.

What I feel for her is indescribable for me. I didn't want to hurt her. She was breaking her morals to be with me for that moment. Something she has done in the past which still haunts her. I sure as hell wasn't going to be a history repeater for her. She is my present.

When I held her so close to me I could feel myself melting onto her. I never felt like that. It was euphoric. I was damn sure if I had kissed her, then that was it. There was no going back. She was mine. And I wouldn't be able to stop myself if I let myself kiss her.

DUAA

It was almost two pm. He stays in his room at this time so it is the perfect time to go out. Yes, I am avoiding him. I was overwhelmed with all these emotions. I was regretting what I did and also embarrassed. I don't think I have ever felt this embarrassed. But there was something else too.

That girl..Sky. Did he invite her over? Does he have feelings for her? That's why he didn't give in earlier?

My jaw hardened as I tried to concentrate. He freaking invited her over. I was not angry at her. I was angry at him. No, I was angry at myself because I knew he didn't have feelings for anyone. I was feeling angry because a teeny tiny part of me expected him to like me the way I did.

Sighing loudly I rubbed my face with my palms. God, what did I do? I would rather kill myself than having to look him in the eyes for now.

Opening the door of my room, I sneaked out silently. I was halfway to the kitchen when I heard him or them. I quickly hid behind one of the pillars. Oh, so she is in the room beside me. Great.