Chapter 17: Beyond the ranges

MATSUSHITA
It was to be expected that the vacation was obviously a front and instead, it turned out to be an Island Exam.

Thankfully, Ichinose and Hiro gave me the answer to what this vacation was all about. But I knew that it wasn't good to rely on them all the time. It wasn't healthy to do so as it negatively benefited me in the long run.

All of us listened to the rules and procedures that the teachers had given us about this exam.

Here are the rules:

- Each class will be granted 300 S-points.
- S-points can be spent to purchase items listed in the manual.
- In addition, bonus points acquired during the test by fulfilling certain conditions will only be added on after the test is finished. They cannot be used during the test.
- Each class will choose one student to be their leader

There were a lot more additional rules, but even I was a bit bored out of my mind to listen to all of them. As long as I got most of them that was all that mattered.

Soon enough the teachers departed the Island letting us have our free will and choice to do whatever we wanted.

The other classes took no time to move in different directions, while my Class decided to talk about tactics and strategies that could perhaps work.

Here goes nothing.

"We should discuss who our leader should be," Horikita commented as the three of us set ourselves aside to have time to discuss the best way to handle this situation.

I looked over at her but Horikita immediately shot down that answer with a stare of her own.

Hirata tapped his chin in thought, "We need someone trustworthy, who we can depend on."

A person in my head immediately appeared.

"Sudo." I declared. "Sudo should be our leader."

"Sudo?" Horikita asked in surprise but she took some more thought about the choice. "Actually I quite like the choice. He's grown a lot after the suspension."

"I like that as well," Hirata added smiling at my choice.

"But of course, we have to keep it a secret between the three of us, understood?" I looked over at the both of them. "We'll tell the Class once Sudo is the leader."

They nodded their head in confirmation. We ventured our way back to the group where we saw Ike someone who didn't look to put in all too much effort and was more of a delinquent actually trying.

It was really impressive to me actually.

Go, Ike!

While everyone was distracted I made my way to Sudo who was all by himself. It looked like he was thinking to himself until he noticed me coming toward him.

A bright smile appeared on his face, "Matsushita! Anything I can do to help you?"

I sat down beside him, "I just wanted to check up on you."

"You know you don't have to." Sudo did his best to keep up his smile. "I'm doing fine. So what is it that you wanted?"

"Well, you know the leader for this exam?"

"Right?"

"Hear me out, but I think it should be you." I brightly smiled pointing over at him.

Sudo blinked a couple of times before even responding. He slowly pointed over at himself.

"M-Me!" He shouted but he immediately went quiet lowering his voice, "Why me?"

It was an easy choice that I gave out, "Sudo you're the only choice." I smiled over at me. "And between us two you're one of my closest friends," I whispered.