Chapter 7: How does it

The basketball court buzzed with energy as Sudo and I faced off in an intense one-on-one game. The sun cast long shadows across the court, and a small crowd had gathered to witness the showdown between two formidable opponents.

Sudo had a confident grin as he dribbled the ball.

"You ready for this?" he teased, his eyes glinting with competitive fire.

I grinned in response, the basketball in my hands. "Bring it on, Sudo. Let's see what you've got."

The first few exchanges were fierce—a dance of dribbles, quick crossovers, and strategic moves. Sudo was agile, but I matched his every step, anticipating his moves and countering with precision.

As the game progressed, the crowd became more animated, cheering and gasping at the fast-paced action on the court. It was a dynamic spectacle of skill and strategy, and I could feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins.

With a sudden burst of speed, I darted past Sudo, leaving him momentarily off balance. As I made a clean layup, the crowd erupted into cheers. Sudo shook his head in disbelief, a mix of frustration and admiration in his eyes.

"That was smooth," he conceded, a competitive grin replacing his previous smirk.

I chuckled, catching my breath. "You're not too shabby yourself, Sudo. But I've been practising."

The banter continued as we played, each possession a thrilling exchange of athleticism and tactics. The crowd, now fully engrossed in the game, offered a chorus of cheers, groans, and encouraging shouts.

In the final moments, with the score close, Sudo made a bold move. The tension in the air was palpable as he attempted a three-pointer. The ball sailed through the air, and for a moment, time seemed to stand still. The crowd fell silent.

The ball swished through the net, and a roar of applause erupted from the spectators. Sudo grinned, nodding in acknowledgment.

"That was a great shot," I admitted, extending a hand for a sportsmanlike handshake.

"Man, you still beat me 9/10 times. I just got lucky." Sudo grinned proudly at a well-earned victory. "Since I won, are you down for a drink? Loser has to pay off course." He punched me lightly on the shoulder.

"Sure." I chuckled.

We sat down on the bench with the drinks that I bought in our hands. It was just what we needed after a long game of basketball.

"How's Class D?" I asked.

Sudo rolled his eyes before groaning. "A pain in the ass. I'd rather be in Class C hanging out with you."

Class C was not the place to be at the moment. A whole civil war was going on there. Even I didn't want to be a part of that.

"Trust me, you wouldn't want to be in my class. Surely you have some good friends in Class D."

Sudo shrugged his shoulder at that remark. "I mean I do, but we don't share anything except for the fact that we like hot girls." He nudged me on the shoulder.

I chuckled rolling my eyes.

"Hey don't be like that!" Sudo shouted. "If anything you're the problem why don't have a girlfriend."

I snickered. "Why is that?"

"It's be-" Sudo stopped momentarily twisting my head in front of us. "Speaking of which here's one right now." He whispered in excitement.

Ah yes, he was correct in that department.

It was Asahina who was walking over to us, well actually to me. I'm pretty sure that she didn't even know that Sudo existed in the first place. Sorry about that Sudo.