Chapter 12: Waves and Tatics

"Dude, are you seriously going to skip practice?" Sudo groaned passing the basketball over to me.

I chuckled as I landed a nice swish.

That was 3 swishes in a row.

"It's just for today and besides aren't we doing training right now? And also I'm not even really in the basketball team. Just for fun."

Sudo chuckled shaking his head, "I guess you're not wrong man." He stopped momentarily on the court as he looked up in the air.

"It's just that I barely get to hang out with you anymore." He sighed.

I raised my eyebrow at that comment of his, "What do you mean we hang out all the time."

"Yeah, I guess. . ." He paused for a split moment again, "But you're the Vice President, I don't even know how you're juggling all these extracurriculars."

I was a bit surprised at what Sudo was saying. I never expected something like this to come out of his mouth. The first time I encountered Sudo he was hot-headed ready to explode anytime but he's slowly got calmer and calmer.

It was some crazy ass character development from him, to say the least. Which made me sort of proud, like a proud father would be.

It was interesting to see.

"Besides you're the only friend I really have." Sudo chuckled nervously scratching the back of his head.

I picked up the ball passing it right back at it, "You're a great friend." I smiled cheerfully.

While this moment was sweet I couldn't help but notice that we were currently being stalked. Stalked by my own classmates.

Albert and Ishizaki are eying us down. But more so they were interested in Sudo. This was one of Ryuen's plans to aggravate and piss off the people in Class D.

It seemed that they found their target and it was Sudo. I had seen this coming from a long mile but I didn't expect it to happen so soon. What was worse being in Class C and Vice President my hands were practically tied.

One could say that I was in a sticky situation.

But who was to say that I couldn't do anything to shift this in my favour? I'd just have to work behind the scenes just for a little bit.

"Sudo I've gotta wrap this up, I'll see you in a bit."

"You bet man!"

We both dapped each other up.

———
I hadn't felt nervous like this in forever. When was the last time I felt this nervous? When I was sparring with Inueo? No even that was a lot easier than what was about to happen to me. Even if I was beaten the living shit out of Inueo multiple times having Asahina have her fury on me, was another level of scary.

It was like being in a crowded area will a bull charging. The only difference was, was that said bull was charging only specifically to you and one else.

The uncertainty was killing me.

I found myself alone, seated on a bench, awaiting Asahina's arrival. The air, usually familiar, now carried a sense of tension as I fidgeted with an unspoken apprehension.

As Asahina drew near, it was a bit disappointing to see that she no longer had the amulet or hairpin on her.

I did my best to formulate my next words.

"You look like you've seen a ghost." She chuckled sitting beside me.

Well, that all went out the window.