20. [ Inayat] عنایت

Ishq inaayat hai khuda ki..
To main gunahgaar kaise...!!

- Anonymous

Murtasim decided to give Meerab a call to catch up and share some exciting news. But as the phone rang and rang, there was no answer. Even after so many tries she didn't pick his call which made him frustrated as hell. A kind of tension engulfing his brain.

Murtasim started feeling frustrated and worried. He wondered why Meerab hadn't received his call.

Murtasim's mind raced with thoughts and questions. He couldn't help but imagine all sorts of scenarios, from technical issues to something more serious. His frustration grew with each passing moment.

"Meerab, I hope you're alright. It's not like you to not answer my calls. Please let me know you're okay. Mera dil baitha jaa raha hai", he uttered.

As the hours went by, Murtasim's frustration turned into concern. He couldn't shake off the feeling that something might be wrong. He decided to take matters into his own hands and went over to Meerab's house. But it's quite late to visit her house. He looked at the watch.

It's time for Isha prayer. After changing his dress and taking his prayer mat he grabbed his car's keys to go to the mosque.

He tried to call her again and this time she picked up the call.

"Meet me out of your house", he uttered.

Upon arriving, Murtasim found Meerab looking at him . Murtasim's worry turned into relief, but he still wanted to understand what had happened.

"Meerab, I've been trying to reach you all day. I was getting really worried. What happened? Is everything alright? Mere phone calls ka jawab kyun nhi de Rahi ho?"

Meerab looked up, tears welling in her eyes, and explained what had been going on. She had been going through a difficult time and had been avoiding his phone, feeling overwhelmed and unsure of how to tell him.

"Aap aaye kyun nhi?", she asked.

"I was stuck in a important panchayat baithak today. I tried but....", he paused meeting her eyes.

He can read all the questions and worries through her eyes.

"Koi baat nhi, samajh skti hun"

"But problem kya thi, tum call kyun nhi utha Rahi thi? What's the issue?"

"It's phupho issue.... Aap nhi samjhoge", she exclaimed.

"Oh.... I can relate also. Alhamdulillah meri phupho abhi aati nhi hai", he said with a laugh.

"Not so funny", she said

Murtasim listened to her attentively, his worries melting away as he understood the situation. He reassured Meerab that he was there for her, no matter what, and that she could always lean on him for support.

"Aapko namaz ke liye deir nhi ho rahi?", she asked.

"Oh Haan bhul gaya", he uttered.

"Jaiye aab", she said pushing him towards his car.

"Dua karna, ke meri mohabbat mujhe mil jaye"

"InShaAllah mil jayegi", she said with a smile.

He smiled back at her and left.

*****

Maa begum was thinking deeply after listening to his words.

Main agar apne sapno ka gala ghont kar yeh Gaddi sambhal sakta hun toh beshak apne mohabbat ke liye yeh Gaddi chhor bhi sakta hun