15. [akidat] اکیدت

I'm afraid to trust those who are the reason behind my doubts..

                                         - the author

"Bhai aapse mujhe yeh umeed nhi thi"

He heard his sister's voice who was standing on the door of his room. Anger was visible in her face. He was clueless with the reason behind her anger.

"Kya hua?", he asked.

She entered and glared at him. Her eyes are welling up with tears.

"Aap boliye Bhai kya aap meerab ko jante the pehle se?", she asked.

"Haan"

"Aapko janti hai meerab?", she asked again.

"Haan... Nhi. Matlab woh janti hai mujhe", he replied confusingly.

"Aapne jhuth bola hai usse. Uske ehsaas ke saath, uske masoomiyat ke sath khilwaad Kiya hai. Indirectly hi sahi Dil toda hai apne uska", she spoke up.

He sighed. His head was hung low, now his sister also thinking the same. Him as a 'Jhutha' and 'Dhokebaaz'.

"Marium, main Manta hun Maine galat Kiya hai", he tried to speak but she interrupted,

"Dil dukhana galati nhi gunah hai bhai. Mujhe nhi pata aap dono ka rishta kya hai, kyun hai aur kaise hua, agar aap sach mein meerab se mohabbat ka daawa karte hain toh waqt rehte sab thik kar lijiye Bhai. Kahin sab itna na bikhar jwye ke kuch sametne layak hi na ho".

She looked at murtasim who was standing   in his place. He had a lot to say in his mind but he remained silent.

"Umeed hai bhai aap samajh chuke honge", marium uttered before leaving him alone.

He reached to his phone and pulled it out of the charging cord. Dialing her number he placed the phone near his left ear. And he tried to wear his shoes with his right hand.

The tension in the air was getting heavier with the time. She wasn't picking the call. His heart was filling with a different type of fear. He breathed out slowly to calm his mind. Why she's not picking the call yet? Is something happened to her? Or she did something to herself? Many questions are haunting in his brain.

'Abhi mujhse Milo, main tumhein waheen milunga"

He texted her. She have seen the message but didn't replied anything. He again texted,

'agar tum nhi aaogi toh pachtaogi baad mein'

Taking the keys he merged out towards the parking lot. Sitting on his car he road away towards the playground. With the rumbling of wheels his heart was racing more and more.

He reached there and stopped his car. He checked his phone and looked at her reply

'main nhi aaungi'

His heart was beating slowly. She refused to meet him. She's that much hurted that she doesn't even wanted to see his face for  once.

The sky was covered with Balck and grey clouds and the sun hide behind them. It's already five in the evening. Some boys are running towards their home whom were busy playing football. He looked at them leaving but he didn't't skipped an inch from his place.

On the other side she look through the window, the sky was no more blue and then the first droplet of rain fall on a leaf followed by other droplets. The dry soil was now totally drensed with rain drops, and the fragrance of it reached her. She breathed in the fragrance until a thought came to her mind. Where he was?