5. [Ehsaas] احساس

Heart is a sea, language is the shore. Whatever is in a sea hits the shore.

~ Rumi

Meerab looked at the moon, shinning brightly in the dark sky. Some clouds covered the moon. She blinked her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Tumhara bhi toh koi mehboob raha hoga na, jiske liye tum bhi itni raat ko intezar mein, uski mohabbat ke chamak mein chamak rahe ho", she said Looking towards the moon.

She settled down in her desk and opened her diary as everyday.

"You are the source of my joy, the center of my world and the whole of my heart."

She write down her thoughts in her diary. Isn't it is sounded funny, you love someone who doesn't even knows you. And you too didn't know who is him?. The only thing you know is your heart belonged to him, only him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Main kya hi likhun tumhare bare mein, na janti hu na pahchanti hu. Mujhe tumhara naam tak nhi maloom. Bas ekbar tumhe dekha tha, phir bhul gayi baki sab kuch. Tum bohot saaf dil ke ho, acche ho, pyaare ho. Bas pata nhi tum kiske ho.
Yeh bhi pata nhi hum kabhi milenge bhi ke nhi magar haan yeh keh sakti hu, tum meri zindagi ka bohot hi pyaara sa hissa ho. Khuda kare main ek din tumse zarur milun.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She closed her diary and close the window of her room. As she laid down on her bed she start imagining his face.

"What if woh married hua toh", she said to herself. She was not sure but she was feeling like banging her own head to the wall. She fall asleep soon.

*****

Murtasim was not feeling good at all. He came out of his room and start roaming in the garden. He sat on bench and run his fingers through his hairs. He took out a cigarette and lit it. He inhaled the smoke and close his eyes. Damn.... Nothing was normal.

His peoples are in trouble. He just came home from the village after attending panchayat. He have to do something for those peoples who are depended on him, those who believe him more than anyone.

He close his eyes for a moment. His head was paining duo to stress. He headed towards his room. As he entered in his room he close the door and laid down on the bed.

******

It was friday and meerab was busy preparing lunch for her father. Saima baji was doing dusting on the living room.

"Saima baji garam masala kahan hai? Mujhe mil nhi raha hai?", she called her from kitchen.

"Wahi kitchen selve mein hai meerab bibi"

Meerab sprinkle some masala on the curry and stire it. Her phone start ringing. She washed her hands and received the call.

"Assalam alaikum meerab, main marium bol rahi hu"

"Walaikum assalam marium"

"Saba ne call kiya tha Tumhein?"

"Nhi toh, kyun koi kaam tha?"

"Kaam nhi tha bas kuch bolna tha, saba bhi tumhein call karegi"

"Achaa par baat hai kya? marium bolo toh"

"Aaj dargah chalte hain na hum teeno", marium spoke.

" Neki aur puch puch zaroor chalenge. Asar ke baad chalte hain", meerab suggested.

"Great, group mein inform kar rahi hu. Bus stop ke paas milte hain phir bye"

"Allah hafiz", she cut the call.

She had prepared their lunch and headed towards her room to take a bath. After that she wiped her wet hairs and changed into a pink kurti. She came downstairs and saw her baba.

"Baba aap aaj jaldi aa gaye?", she asked him and handed him water.

"Haan beta, woh jumme ki namaz aada karne jaana hai", waqas replied.

" offo, main bhi na... Aaj toh jumma hai. Thik hai aap taiyar ho jayein main apki kameez iron karne jati hu"

"Rehne do beta kitna kaam karogi?"

"Kuch nhi hota baba", she left after replying.

******
The Clock needle hits at number two. A warm afternoon, calm breeze are flowing all over. She had already performed her zohor prayer. But where is her baba?
Namaz is over since long. But he didn't came home yet.

"Jumme ki namaz padh kar toh bohot log wapas jaa rahe hain phir baba ghar kyun nhi aaye", she said. She came downstairs
And asked saima baji about her father's arrival but she told her that he didn't came home till now.

She covered her head with the dupatta and merged towards the main door.

"Kahan jaa rahi hain aap meerab bibi?", saima baji asked her." Bas aage jaa kar dekhti hu baba kyun nhi aaye abhi tak", she said while going.

*****
The whole mosque was empty but Murtasim was still praying sitting there.

"Yaa allah yeh kis ranjish mein daal diya tune, yeh koun si azmaish hai, mere dil ko tune kis ke hawale kar diya ae rab. Main chah kar bhi uski woh ek jhalak bhul nhi paa raha hun. Agar woh meri qismat hai toh koi ishara de allah, aur agar nhi hai toh usse bhulne mein madad kar meri. Apne bande ki arzi sun le ae khuda. Mujhe koi toh rah dikha, mere zehen mein sabr daal de, hum sab pe rehem kar"

He pulled over his hands and stands up from the prayer mat. His heart was sinking with the thought that if she is not his 'qismat' then there was no hope to find her. He was feeling a sharp pain in his heart as he imagined her disappearing from his eyes.

He was battling with his own inner turmoil. He wasn't giving up on her. As his heart was engaged with her 'ek jhalak'. The all he want to find her, to keep her save near his heart, he want her presence in his life.

Murtasim came out of the mosque, he bent down to tie his shoe lace and as he stood up straight his heart start beating loudly. It seems like he was running since a long time and his heart will pop out of his chest in any moment.

He placed his palm on his left chest to feel his own hearbeats. It eas pounding loudly but why? What was the reason behind this? He start taking steps towards his car.

He knows that To give vent now and then to his feelings, whether of pleasure or discontent, is a great ease to a man's heart. He eyes drowned on the ground.
There was an anklet. He bent down and took it in his hands.

He feels like it was familiar to him. He feels her presence near him. He breathed out while closing his eyes.

"Oh khudaya", he pet out a gasp from his mouth and looked over the anklet once again.

Did this aniket was hers? Did he got his answers? His heart skipped a beat as he felt a floral fragrance in the air. He knows the smell, it's familiar to him. It's her, His Mysterious girl, his treasure. A wave of smile crept on his lips for a moment only.

His phone beeped, he recived the call immediately.

"Khan aap aa jayein gaon mein masla ho gaya hai, koi bhi panchayat ka kehna nhi maan raha, dange mach gaye hain yahan khan aap jitni jaldi ho sake aa jayein", one of his man informed him in a urgent tone.

He get into his car and drove away from there.

To be continue...

Feedbacks>>>>>>

Sorry to say but it's hurting yaar, i'm trying my best to write down these chapters but you guys ain't giving a good Feedbacks to me. Your feedbacks are really important and it gives us strength and encouragement to continue with writing.