𝟻.𝟼 - "𝙰 𝚁𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎"

"It's not an army — just call it, I don't know — a resistance against toads

"It's not an army — just call it, I don't know — a resistance against toads."
"That's an insult to toads Voe."

3.5k words
a/n: now that i only have five classes i can write more often WOOHOO!!!!

5k wordsa/n: now that i only have five classes i can write more often WOOHOO!!!!

Three days.

That's how long Violet refused to talk to Harry. She still healed Harry's hand after detention but instead of falling asleep and holding his hand — she'd pack up her kit and leave the Common Room.

It made Harry's heart ache.

He never knew how much a heart could ache or even could until Violet's silent treatment hit him like a truck. She's done it before too — but it was in defense of Hermione and the Firebolt.

This time, it hurt even more — because it was because Harry couldn't keep his mouth shut, keep his jealousy in check, and keep it to himself.

By the time Violet finally spoke to Harry again, he was so relieved that he could almost kiss her. Almost.

"I'm sorry for getting mad at you — I know you're just looking out for me," Violet muttered one night, causing Harry to look up in shock but in mainly happiness now that Violet had spoken to him.

It didn't even matter to Harry anymore, why she was mad at him in the first place. Violet did look ashamed and rather embarrassed — she really did look sorry for ignoring him.

"It's okay—"
"No, Harry. It's not." Violet interrupted looking at Harry like he was insane for instantly forgiving her. "I ignored you because I let my feelings get in the way and I wanted to stay friends with Cho. I completely ignored your feelings and your reasoning, I'm sorry."

Even if Harry wasn't as upset with Violet for ignoring him for days on end, he didn't want Violet to think it was all her fault. He said some things too — granted, he's not going to tell her that as that would lead to him admitting his feelings for her — but he felt like it was both of their faults for letting their anger get to them.