𝟹.𝟷𝟹 - "𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚋𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚞𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜"

"Her name is Violet and you won't touch her!"

It took a minute for everything to sink in. Then Violet voiced what Harry was thinking.

"You're all mental."
"Ridiculous!" said Hermione.
"Like Scabbers bloody likely is a wizard, he's useless!" protested Ron.

"Peter Pettigrew is dead!" said Harry. "He killed him twelve years ago!"

Harry pointed at Black, who's body twitched with anger.

"I meant to," growled Black, his yellow teeth bared. "but little Peter got the best of me! Not this time though!"

Black lunged at Scabbers, jumping on the bed and Violet yelled out in the pain as his weight put on her broken leg.

"BLOODY GET OFF ME!"

"Sirius, NO!" Lupin yelled as Mira grabbed Black's shoulders dragging him off Violet's leg and out of Ron's reach. "WAIT! You can't do it like that - they need the full story - they need to understand!"

"We can explain afterwards!" snarled Black, struggling in Mira's hold, trying to grab Scabbers who was tightly in Ron's hand attempting to escape.

"They've got to know EVERYTHING Sirius!" Mira panted out. "Ron kept the traitor as a pet! We can't just traumatize him! And Harry - Harry should know the truth!"

Black stopped struggling in Mira's arms but his hallowed out eyes remained solely on Scabbers. Scabbers, was frightened and was struggling still in Ron's hands that have been bitten and scratched on.

"All right, then." said Black, without taking his eyes off the rat. "Tell them all you like you two. But be quick, Mira and Remus, I don't think I can wait much longer."

"Nutters, all of you!" said Ron shakily, looking at Violet, Hermione and Harry for support. "I've had enough of this, I'm off."

Ron got up and started to walk out but Lupin pointed his wand at Scabbers. "Ron, you'll want to stay and hear us all out. Just keep Peter in -"