Death Sentence

As Harmony is thrown into a cage, too small for her to even stand up, she knows that there's no way she's getting out of there any time soon. She looks up at the sky, the stars and the moon already out, and wonders if Elise made it back to the Castle.

Harmony knows that, if Elise hadn't made it, she would be in a cage herself. Yet, there is a strong possibility that she has been captured and being kept away from Harmony to be used as leverage in case Harmony tries to escape.

She looks around, the rebels having a celebration around a large bonfire, some even coming by her cage taunting her, when one of the rebels walks up to her with a water skin in his hand.

-"Water?"

-"No, thank you."

-"Despite what you might think, Your Majesty, we are not savages. Now, again. Water?"

-"I already said no, thank you. And if you're not savages, then why am I locked in a cage?"

-"You are our prisoner. Therefore, cage." - The man laughs.

-"Do you really think you're going to get away with this?"

-"Yes."

-"What's to happen to me?" - She already knows the answer, but she needs him to say it.

-"Come morning, you will be executed. Your body will then be paraded through the nearby village, showing the people that you royals aren't as untouchable as they believe you are. Once that's done, we'll send your body to the Castle as a gift for the King. We'll even wrap a pretty little bow around you and everything."

-"You do that, and the King won't stop until you're all dead."

-"We are already dead, either way, so..."

-"What'd you mean?"

-"The moment we decided to go against the King, we all signed our death sentences."

-"Not necessarily. If you help me escape, I'll talk to the King and he'll let you live."

-"There's no way that the King would agree to that. Plus, I do that and I'll lose the money I was payed to make sure you die." - The man chuckles.

-"Let me guess. It was my father who paid you, wasn't it?"

The man doesn't answer. Instead, he gives her a smile and leaves her, joining the celebrations. Harmony doesn't need him to answer, she knows it was her father. The conversation she overheard back when she went after Elise now making a lot more sense. Her father was conspiring with the rebels and was actively targeting her.

Harmony looks at the men around the fire, all celebrating and cheering her impending demise, and wonders if this is how she dies. Will she really die by execution? Alone and away from those that she loves and that love her? Tears form in her eyes and she shakes them away, not wanting to give these men the satisfaction of seeing her cry.

She focus on the fire, the flames dancing with the wind, wishing she had more time. More time to live. More time with Elise, with Justice, with Donna, with Jensen. "God, Jensen. Why did I said those things to you?", she thinks, beating herself up, regretting ever having said them.

Harmony looks up at the moon and wishes she could take back what she said. She knows she had hurt him when she said those things, the look of hurt on his face the only confirmation she needed. But if she hadn't, he would never let her leave and Elise would still be mistreated by their father. She had to, right?

She wonders if she will ever be able to apologize to him. That's all she wants right now. One chance to see him one last time and tell him that she didn't mean what she said, that she loves him more than anything and that she hopes he will one day can find love again.

A tear slips from her eyes and she quickly wipes it away, thinking that she would do whatever she could to see him one more time, just once. To see his green eyes looking back at her, his smile as bright as the sun, and feel his arms wrapped around her, making her feel safe and wanted.

She leans into the bars of the small cage, trying to make herself as comfortable as possible, before wrapping her arms around her knees. All she can do now is wait. Wait for either morning to come and with it, her death, or, by some miracle, someone to come for her and rescue her. Only morning will tell what it will be. Either way, Harmony will face it with her head held high.