The MacLeod's

Near a peaceful and quiet village in the country side of the Aetas Kingdom, lives a small family made up of a father and his two daughters, the MacLeod's. And although the two sisters are loved by those who know them, their father is not.

Harmony MacLeod, the older daughter of Fergus MacLeod, is a smart, kind, compassionate and sweet woman, who has taken over the duties of Lady of the House after her mother's passing while giving birth to young Elise MacLeod, her younger sister.

Harmony's father, Fergus, is a man who doesn't care for his daughters. In fact, he not only resents them for the fact that they were born girls, he also hates them. He wishes that Elise had been born a boy, that way he would at least have a proper heir to his legacy.

Fergus is the kind of man that only cares about reputation, status and wealth, and in his eyes having two daughters is a curse and a penance for whatever crime God believes he has committed in the past.

He decides that the only way to take some advantage of the fact that he has two daughters is to marry them off for power and status. This way he can kill two birds with one stone: he raises his status within the King's Court and, at the same time, gets rid of his daughters.

Fergus knows that the best matches are in Court, having spent some time there in the past, and since he knew the late King, he believes it won't be too hard to ask his son, the new King, for a favor. So, with all of that in mind, he decides to send Harmony to Court to find a husband.

When Harmony receives the news, she feels as if someone has just punched her in the stomach, knocking the wind out of her. She can't see herself marrying someone she doesn't love just for power and status, let alone leaving her sister behind.

Standing in the small courtyard of her father's estate, and after multiple secret reassurances from the house servants that Elise will be okay, Harmony hugs her sister one last time before being rushed by her father to enter the carriage that will take her away from her sister and home.

As the carriage flies down the dirt roads on its way to Court, Harmony looks at the letter in her hands. She knows that that letter contains her future and she hopes that it's vague enough that will allow her to carry on her plan.

You see, as soon as the carriage left her father's estate, Harmony decided that she wasn't going to marry someone she didn't love just so her father could rise in status. No, if she is going to get married then she will marry someone she loves and that will be willing to let Elise live with them.

As she gets taken further away from her home and the woods rush by the carriage's window, Harmony takes a deep breath and thinks that this is the first step into what she believes will be the rest of her life and she will be damned if she isn't going to live her life the way she wants to.