FIFTEEN!

after an hour of cuddling with conrad, avalon went back to her moms room where her and niki were staying.

it was around midnight and the house was silent. once in awhile you could hear taylor and belly giggling. belly must've been in a good mood again.

avalon tiptoed into her moms room and opened the door carefully. she noticed niki was awake, so she didn't bother trying to sneak in anymore.

niki was on the bed watching tv in her pajamas. "oh, why hello! where have you been?" she smirked.

avalon pushed her hair behind her ears and walked over to the bed slowly. "nowhere..."

"were you with jeremiah?" she asked with excitement.

avalons face dropped, which gave niki a clear answer.

"wait... so, if you weren't with jeremiah, then who-" she paused, her eyes widened. "conrad?" she blurted a little too loud.

"shh!"

"sorry, sorry!" she whispered.

avalon sunk down into the bed and covered her face with her hands. she groaned, "i told him we could be fuck buddies."

niki couldn't help but giggle, "avalon!"

she sat up and slouched forward, "i'm so stupid."

"you're not stupid... you were just horny." she tried to console her.

she looked over to niki and laughed, which influenced niki to laugh with her.

"i'm so screwed." avalon said mid laugh.

"figuratively and literally." niki joked.

avalons jaw dropped, and she burst out laughing. the two girls laughed for what felt like hours. their stomachs began to hurt.

the next morning, a loud bang woke the two girls up. avalon sat up fast and looked over to niki. "what the hell was that?" she asked in her quiet morning voice.

niki rubbed her eyes and sat up, "i have no clue." she yawned.

avalon sprung out of bed and went to the door. niki followed behind her.

she creaked the door open. conrad's voice was heard from down the hall, "sounds like an aunt julia problem to me."

avalon snorted. she knew conrad was up to something.

julia stormed out of conrad's room to find out where the noise was coming from. she ran into steven on her way there. "how many people are in this house?" she exclaimed.

julia passed avalon and niki's door swiftly, but niki noticed something. she peeked out into the hallway. "julia?" she squealed.

she whipped her head back as soon as she recognized the voice. "nikolina?" she was shocked to see her, "what are you doing here?"

"i'm here with my friends... wait!" she shook her head frantically. "are you the one trying to sell their house?" her arms immediately crossed.

jeremiah must've overheard the interaction because he quickly made his way into the hall.

julia was stumbling her words which was the perfect opportunity for jeremiah to jump in, "wait, how do you know my aunt julia?"

niki rubbed her tired eyes and sighed, "um, her and my dad used to date for like... a really long time. she was about to be my step mom until..." she trailed off, her eyes glued to the floor.

julia's expression changed drastically. she hadn't looked this sad the entire time. not even over susannah.

niki felt pain in her throat from holding back tears. this trip was supposed to be a getaway from her problems. she thought she could leave her personal life away from these people, but that was about to change.