8. Maybe i get it

Make you feel- alina baraz🎧
Chris grabbed my hand and made me basically run in heels while he was just walking. We went through a small door that lead to the garage to see a collection of cars. including the newest mustang.

He got in the car and i had to say "I'm not going anywhere with you. Much less driving that.... While you're drunk. your car is the only thing i like in this whole room so..." I turned on my back and started to walk back when i heard him talk.
"Why don't you trust me?"

"Seriously? trust is something you earn and let's just say that you haven't played your cards right that's not counting the fact that you have in your breath only, a litter of alcohol"

"Don't exaggerate, it was only a couple of drinks, I'm not officially drunk." Officially?

"You haven't given me a chance and this is sort of a good one. Come on I'll have you back before your parents notice you're gone" well that will take a while.

"i don't know why I'm doing this" i said as i got into the car. Because i have nothing else to lose.

The door of the garage opened and the engine roared to life. He just wanted to show off so he pressed on the gas while still on Neutral so i would be surprised if the people inside the mansion didn't hear it. i have realized that my life is just a series of bad decisions and 'fuck it's bunched together.

He drove through the isolated dark streets of wherever we were by now. He was going at 144 kilometers an hour (90 miles) But for some reason  I didn't mind the speed. I minded the thrill though.

The rush that pumped my heart out of place. I liked it though so I didn't say anything and i liked the fact that he didn't say anything else to ruin it and with his right hand on the wheel, the left one on the shift knob and his dark eyes on the dark road i wonder what he's thinking of -other than not getting us crashed. Who am I lying to? I actually like him. Like, like like. You know?

Then he pulled over to the side of the road and there was a really big and isolated lake with no lights around it. there were trees around the lake which let you see the clear sky only because of the tiny opening. It was very clear even though it was dark at night. Not a soul around there. it was sort of sad. it was beautiful. Why did he bring me here?

He opens the door and i stay inside I'm really not getting out with him somewhere I don't know at night. But he came over to my side and opens my door.

"Come on" he said stretching his hand out.
"You're out of your mind if you think... "

"What did we say about trust?" His eyebrows raised.

"That you didn't have mine?"

"And that you'll give me a shot?"

Oh damn it. Am I going crazy? Why is the adrenaline not kicking in? Why am i not scared of him? What if i need to run and the adrenaline is not there to fuel me up?

I give him my hand letting nothing else matter.
"There we go" he said smiling. It's crazy cold but i can take it.  Here i am again. Being the stupid friend who's never going anywhere else.

"Where are we?" I was still looking at the breathtaking view.

"I have something here" he went into the back of the lake to a tiny little house that's barely visible. "Just wait"

"What?.. You can't..." I protested. "Chris!" I half whispered half shouted scared that someone might hear me.

He turned back and through the dark i saw him pressing his finger on his lips. He went into the house and less that three minutes later he came out.