✨️The Practice✨️

Start from the beginning

"But what the hell happened to me?" Scott asked us."You tried to kill me and Esme, It's like I told you before. " Stiles tells him.

Scott looked at me and I nodded in agreement as I softly touched his shoulder."It's the anger. It's your pulse rising. It's a trigger." Stiles continues to tell him."But that's lacrosse. It's a pretty violent game if you haven't noticed." Scott responds.

"Well, it's gonna be a lot more violent if you end up killing someone on the field. You can't play Saturday. You're gonna have to get out of the game." Stiles tells him straight.

"But I'm the first line." Scott says, "Sorry Scott but not anymore." I softly smiled at him, "A game isn't everything, you being safe is what matters the most," I told him softly before hugging him goodbye and heading for home.

✴️

Stiles went to the hospital to see about  Jackson whilst I went to the woods to clear my head and to feel more at peace with myself.

I head to the lookout point and look at the city below me. Max was off to dinner with his parents since they were in town for the night.

"This world isn't for the weak," I muttered to myself. I looked at the scars on my palm, wrist, and arms, "Too battle scars littered onto my skin," I sighed softly.

I left for home when I got a call from Scott," Hello?" I asked softly." Can you come to mine? As I could do with you being near me when Stiles tells me how Jackson is?" Scott asks gently.

"I'll come for your sake but I don't care how he is as he deserves it," I sighed." Are you out?" Scott asked." I'm in the woods but I'll be near yours in ten," I tell him as I walk.

"Wait there!" Scott says."What? I-" I said but he hung up on me. I started walking home when I heard running footsteps and Scott collided with me and we went tumbling through the woods." Oh, I'm so sorry Esme," Scott says sheepishly." It's fine Scott," I said softly.

Scott looks down and sees my palms and the scars on my arms and wrists." Esme, I won't push you to tell me but please promise me you won't anymore," Scott tells me softly."I can't, don't make me," I say softly." I won't but don't do it anymore please?" Scott says nuzzling against me.

I softly nodded and Scott offered a piggyback ride to his house which I accepted. Scott pulls me into his chest nuzzling into my neck." Please don't do this anymore, I know you're going through something awful," Scott says softly. I couldn't respond to him as it wasn't just me doing it to myself.

I just softly nodded in response and I sat on the bed as Melissa entered the room." Oh hey Esme how are you?" Melissa asked with a smile." Fine Mama McCall," I said softly smiling.

"It's the late shift for me again but I'm taking Saturday off for your first game. "She says to Scott."No mom, you can't." Scott quickly says. "Oh, no, I can and I will. Come on, one shift isn't gonna break us. Completely. Hey, what's wrong with your eyes?" Mom says looking at Scott. Scott just tensed up at the comment.

"I'm just stressed out,"  Scott says."Just stress? Nothing else?" Mom says looking at him. "Homework," Scott says."I mean, it's not like you're on drugs or anything, right?" Mom asked hesitantly."Right now?" Scott asked confused.

"Right now? I'm sorry, what do you mean "right now"? Have you ever taken drugs?" She asked him.

"Have you?!" Scott asked"Get some sleep both of you!" She says before walking off. Stiles then video-called Scott on Skype and Scott rushed to the computer.

"What'd you find out?" Scott asks."Well, it's bad. Jackson's got a separated shoulder." Stiles answers."Because of me?" Scott asks."Because he's a tool," Stiles tells him."But is he gonna play?" Scott asks

"Well, they don't know yet. Now they're just counting on you for Saturday." Stiles says. All of a sudden the room is quiet and I see Stiles typing."Looks like what?" Scott asks as The computer freezes and Stiles types to Scott "It looks like ..... Once it unfreezes we see someone is behind you.

Suddenly Scott gets ripped from his chair and pinned against the wall by Derek. I flinched at this action and moved into a corner in sheer fear.

"I saw you on the field," Derek says looking at Scott."Wha - what are you talking about?" Scott says. "You shifted in front of them! If they find out what you are," Derek yells.

"They find out about me! About all of us. And then it's not just the hunters after us, it's everyone. " Derek says with anger laced in his voice.

"But - They didn't see anything! I..s - swear, I - " Scott stutters out."And they won't! Because if you even try to play in that game on Saturday - I'm gonna kill you myself." Derek snarls.

Derek then leaves not before looking at me," I'm sorry I didn't mean to frighten you," Derek softly. Scott comes by my side and growls lowly at him as he covers me from him.

Derek leaves and Scott checks me over." I best head home as Max will be calling soon," I said softly and I grabbed my bag." Don't go," Scott says softly grabbing my hand."I have to Scott," I say shakily before leaving and heading back to mine.

*

I was walking down a nearly deserted street when I heard a car engine revving up and I saw a familiar Cadilac by my side." Esme get in the car sweetheart," Max says with a false smile.

I gulped and got into the car," You disobeyed me and now I'm going to punish you," Max grinned evilly. I shakily looked out the window as he drove away to his home.

Max pulled into his driveway dragged me into his playroom and pushed me to the ground. He straddled me and gripped my neck," So you like to disobey me? Then you need to learn the consequences of your actions," Max smirks evilly.

(⚠️TW, Small SA, blood, and abuse!! Skip if you don't wish to read this bit!!)

Max grabbed his knife and slashed my arm not deeply but enough to make it bleed. I screamed in pain, and Max punched my face," Shut it slut!" Max growled at me. I felt dizzy and lost consciousness. I felt Max cutting my stomach writing something and it felt like a word he just called me.

I felt him touching me down there and forcing his fingers into me and out. I blacked out and before I fully blacked out I heard"You're going to get ruined further soon my love," and then I lost consciousness.
(TW ENDED)

I woke up in Max's playroom alone and I heard noises from his room, I looked through the crack of the door and saw Jackson and Lydia there.

I made my way out of the house and ran down the street bumping into someone again and I saw it was Matt from history class.

"Esme right?" Matt says." Yeah," I say softly." Are you okay?" Matt asked." Fine now if you excuse me," I say quickly running home and not looking back as I ran home.

*
Part one of this chapter is done part two is up next ❤️

How was this chapter?

Ready for Max's death in S2?!

What do we think so far?

How are we feeling about Esme?