Chapter 25

I got on my knees to get better access to his lips. His hand was placed on my inner thigh and every now and then he gave it a squeeze.

I started kissing down his jaw and made my way down to his neck.

My hands went under his shirt roaming his abs. I tried pulling his shirt over his head but he only stopped me pushing my hands down.

Wow, two rejections within two hours. That's gotta hurt a girl's ego.

I got up, tears brimming my eyes as I tried gathering my stuff and I walked towards his door.

I took my phone and put on my left shoe.

"Come on, Chanel." He said walking up behind me.

"It was a mistake coming here and I'm sorry." I said getting ready to leave.

"Come on, we only kissed. Nothing even happened and I had to stop it so that you wouldn't regret anything later on."

"That doesn't matter."

"Why did you come here Chanel?" Liam asked frustrated.

"I don't fucking know!" I yelled at him.

"Well, you know what I think? You shouldn't be getting married to my brother in two days when you were here a second ago kissing the hell out of me!" He yelled getting frustrated.

Holy fucking shit balls I'm getting married in two days...

"I don't think I should be getting married either but it's what it is." I yelled back realizing my mistake.

"Then why are you?" He asked softer.

"I want to.." I tried fixing my mistake. "Just not after Brooklyn's death and on top of all that the twins need both of their parents. I refuse to let my kids grow up without the love of both parents like I had to!" I broke down in tears.

Liam came closer to me and pulled me into his arms holding me tight.

"What are you talking about? Death? Twins?" He asked in a calm yet curious voice.

I broke down in tears all over again as I tried to explain what was happening. "Brooklyn had stage four leukaemia and sh-she.." I choked back my sob.

Liam looked at me in complete and utter shock as he mumbled something I couldn't hear.

"I'm so sorry, Chanel." He said just holding me tighter.

"I don't need love right now, I need family. For the longest time you were one of the most important people in my life. It would really suck if I lost you." I whimpered. "Again."

"You won't and I feel the same about you. I wanna reconnect with my family, especially Logan but this whole thing between is kind of complicating it." He moved us to the couch and I sat down curling into him.

"Can we just be friends and I know that exes always say that but I need a good friend."

"I want to be friends and I'll push my feelings down but if he even hurts you in the slightest I will fight like hell to get you by my side."

"Even the twins?" I teased trying to lighten up the mood.

"Even the twins." He confirmed chuckling.

"I should probably get you back home before Logan gets all caveman on your ass." He says helping me up.

"It's probably too late." I laugh.

He grabs his keys as I open the door for us. He locks the door behind us and we walk towards his car.

"I'm glad we're friends now." I said opening the door to get out.