Chapter 10

“Um, Logan we still have guests, what do we do about them? It’s rude to just leave them.”

“You’re right, El.” He leaned in and my eyes widened in surprise, what the hell is happening here?

Have I not had enough drama to last me a decade?

He kissed me so fiercely that I was scared my lips were going to fall off but I have to admit I did kiss him back forgetting everything for a while but as soon as his lips had appeared they left and I suddenly felt cold and lonely.

What the fuck is this shit? What is happening to me?

I looked around me awkwardly and I could see both Liam and Chase’s fists clenched so hard that their knuckles were turning white.

Probably wasn’t the smartest idea to make out with Logan in front of my protective older brother and my ex-boyfriend.

I let out a nervous chuckle. “Are you hungry?”

I could see Chase trying to fight off a smile while Liam just gave me one of the goofy grins that I had once loved so much.

“Okay then, come on follow me.” I started walking in a random direction just hoping it was the right way when I felt a hand on the small of my back. I instantly stiffened immediately recognizing the touch.

“Ellie, you’re going the wrong way.” He tried so very hard to not laugh but failed miserably.  I blushed so fiercely that I was sure I resembled a tomato.

“I know. I was just making sure you knew?” I shrugged my shoulders and turned around to walk towards the kitchen.

“So what have you been up to, Ellie?”

“It’s none of your damn business.” I hadn’t meant to sound so harsh but what had he accepted. I had been broken when we had broken up and hadn’t been able to function properly for a couple months.

“Come on Ellie.”

“No one calls me that anymore.”

“Since when did I become everyone?” He seemed offended but I honestly could care less. At least that’s what I tried to tell myself but I still felt a pang of sadness.

“Okay, calm down children.” Chase had remained quiet throughout my and Liam’s talk but now he just seemed to be completely uncomfortable with what was happening.

I hadn’t even realized that we had reached the kitchen until I saw April and Ariel both with tears streaming down their faces. The both of them looked exactly the same it had started to become scary.

“Liam Zachary Beauchamp, is it really you?” April grabbed him and pulled him into a what I assumed was very tight hug. His tall frame covered her petite one.

“Yes, mom. It is really me.” He only chuckled while April cried even harder.

Ariel had stood on the side silently crying in her hands as she observed her older brother.

He finally pried April away from himself and made his way over to Ariel.

“Baby sis, don’t cry. Aren’t I supposed to stop you from crying not make you cry.”

“I can’t believe you're here. I mean after she.. she broke your heart you left for Europe and I haven’t heard from you during all your stay in Europe.” By the end of her little rant her voice started to crack and she broke down in tears all over again.  

“I’m sorry Ari but you have to, um,” he shot me a nervous glance before continuing with what he was saying “understand that I was in a rough place and needed to get away.”