Happy New Year!

Hey guys!  This is a New Year Special, and so I hope you like it! Thank you all for reading, and I really am running out of things to say.

uNICOrn OUT!

Previously...:

'This might be too much information for a day, but sure. Well, Piper, as you know, you are a demigod, a Child of Aphrodite. Demigods sometimes are called upon to help the Gods, with Godly affairs. Now, Godly affairs, as they sound, are quite serious, and sometimes affect the world. When the Gods can't help us in these situations, the demigods must act themselves. They get sent on a quest, to retrieve some magical item, or to stop something bad from happening. Are you with me, so far?'

I nodded.

'In the future, a group of demigods go on a quest to save the world, we presume. These demigods are the some of the Greatest Heroes of All Time, and have been sent to camp to tell us of their tales, and to warn us about something. It so happens, that you are one of these demigods.'

What.

Annabeth P.O.V:

The Camp had decided that we bring in a few mortal traditions into camp, so, we had decided to celebrate the New Year.

This called for decorations, food, a massive party, and apparently pranks, provided by, you guessed it, the Stolls. Everyone was looking forward to it, old campers and new. The cabins split into different jobs.

Zeus: hang the decorations
Poseidon: practice making a water show
Demeter: make party food
Ares: hang the decorations
Athena: plan the party
Apollo: Provide music
Hephaestus: make a karaoke machine and lights
Aphrodite: dress everyone up (according to them it was 'necessary')
Hermes1: make drinks and party food
Hermes2: help everyone else
Dionysus: provide drinks and party food

The futures also helped, and made the work pace go 5x quicker, since they were stronger, and older.

Jason flew up the cabins with a coil of wire, attaching it to each cabin, creating a zigzag pattern.

(Not my art, just a diagram)

Whilst the Ares cabin lobbed decorations like paper chains over the wire to hang.

Percy was near the lake, practicing making fountains, and water spurt out of the lake.

Hermes cabin had been split in two, since it was massive, with Hermes1, Demeter, and Dionysus cabins making party food, with chocolate strawberries( the Hephaestus Cabin made a chocolate fondue fountain)
Pizza( the Hermes cabin wouldn't take no for an answer, piggies in a blanket, and, for some reason, cereal, insisted upon by the Demeter cabin. Castor and Pollux made different types of squash, and juices, and also made some hot chocolate.

The Apollo cabin had practiced some popular songs, like 'Uptown funk', 'Macarena', 'Sweet Caroline' ( Uurgh, that idiot seaweed brain would hum that in our Greek classes, and get it stuck in my head), and even Cha Cha Slide. (Don't blame me, these were the first songs that came up in my head)

The Hephaestus cabin had been doing great, and had made a kareoke machine with flashing lights, and made 10 massive multi coloured spotlights, whoch would spin the lights around, creating a light show.

The Aphrodite cabin had taken over the Poseidon and the Dionysus cabins, getting ready for the party.
The Aphrodite cabin was the makeup for the girls and boys, and the Poseidon Cabin was the clothes for the girls, whilst the Dionysus cabin was the clothes for the boys. They wanted to do Hawaiian themed clothing si we did.
In each clothes cabin, there was a massive rack, filled with shirts, or dresses, whilst in the makeup cabin there was so many makeup products, that even I couldn't name them all.
There were girls running around, sorting everything out, and boys carrying the clothes racks, and everything was a bit chaotic all in all.

But I guess that's Camp.

Just before the party started, we moved all the tables into two long rows, so everyone could sit together, with enough space to dance.

And then, the party started.

Once it had turned dark, every single camper was led to the lake, where Percy had been practicing his waterworks, and wow. I don't usually praise the seaweed brain, and DON'T tell him I said this, but he did a great job. Two tall columns of water shot in the air, and started rising and falling to a beat, illuminated by the moon. That's when the Apollo campers started. In time with the beat, they started to play a song. It turned out to be Gangam style. And then, the Hephaestus cabin's lights switched on, and started to move around. And some lights were even in the water, turning the columns different colours. Then, an arch of green water shot across the lake, like a rainbow, and by then, the party had started.

Everyone was laughing, and dancing, and one by one, people got called to do their makeup, and once they came out, they looked stunning, with their friends/boy/girlfriends looking stunned. (Some campers are like 15 rn, and the futures r like 17-18)

Soon everyone was dressed up, either in a sparkly dress, a hula skirt or a Hawaiian shirt and trousers, with flower garlands around their necks.

Everyone was shouting to the songs, jumping up and down, and we all had a great time. Even Mr D seemed a bit more cheerful, although you can never really tell with him.

There was a dance floor with people spotlighted, dancing, and Grover and Percy were currently doing the Macarena together, which looked quite funny, with Grover bleating and Percy laughing, in fact Percy looked quite cute- no, no he did not. He looked normal.

Soon, the time came when the clock was about to strike 12.

'5!'

'4!'

'3!'

'2!'

'1!'

'HAPPY NEW YEAR!'

Happy new year! Have a great 2024!