Chapter 13

The sun was shining bright on the day of Sam's special day at the church. Becky and Freen, made sure everything was just right for their little one's christening. Sam, dressed in a pretty gown, giggled happily in the arms of Aunt Emily and Uncle Richie, who were so proud to be the godparents together with Freen's best pals and Becky's best friend Andrea.

The day was full of joy and laughter. There were no disagreements or worries; just everyone enjoying the happy moments. Even when they accidentally said Sam's name wrong during the ceremony, it made everyone laugh.

As the sun set, making everything glow in warm colors, the family left the church feeling so happy. Sam's christening had been a day of love, smiles, and togetherness, making everyone excited for the many more happy times ahead for the little one and the whole family.

---------------------

One sunny Saturday morning, Freen, in the midst of a busy workweek, glanced at the calendar and thought about the approaching weekend. He couldn't wait to spend quality time with Becky and baby Sam. The past month had been a whirlwind of joy and celebration after Sam's christening, and Freen cherished the moments they shared as a family.

Becky, on the other hand, was eagerly awaiting the results of her thesis defense. She had poured her heart into her studies while balancing the responsibilities of motherhood. The impending graduation brought a mix of excitement and anticipation, and she hoped to celebrate this achievement with her loved ones.

As the weekend approached, Freen juggled his work commitments, making sure he could carve out precious hours for family time. She envisioned a simple day filled with laughter, perhaps a picnic in the park, creating memories that would last a lifetime.

However, as they say, life always presents its share of obstacles. On the eve of the planned weekend, Freen received an urgent call from work. A project she was overseeing faced unexpected challenges, requiring his immediate attention. Freen felt torn between her commitment to the job and her desire to be with Becky and Sam.

After a moment of contemplation, Freen decided to be transparent with Becky about the situation. With a heavy heart, she explained the work emergency and promised to make it up to her and Sam as soon as possible. Becky, understanding the demands of Freen's job, reassured her and encouraged her to focus on resolving the issue.

While disappointed, Freen made a mental note to plan an extra special weekend to make up for the missed time. She knew that obstacles were a part of life, but so was resilience and the ability to turn challenges into opportunities for growth.

As Freen worked tirelessly to address the work emergency, she couldn't help but look forward to the day when she could finally relax with Becky and Sam, cherishing the simple joys of family life.

-------------------------

Freen wanted to make up for the missed weekend, so she planned a surprise trip. She called the caretaker of their private beach place and asked him to get everything ready. Richie and Emily were super excited to hear they were going to the beach. They packed their bags the night before.

On the weekend, the family headed to the beach. The sun was shining, and everyone was feeling happy. Sam, in the backseat, was making cute baby sounds, not knowing about the surprise waiting for them.

When they reached the beach, it was like a secret paradise. A cozy cottage by the water, surrounded by tall palm trees and the sound of waves. Freen was so happy to see Becky's surprised and happy face. What started as a change of plans turned into a wonderful beach adventure.

The weekend was full of fun. They played with Sam in the sand, walked along the shore, and had a picnic by the water. Richie and Emily enjoyed the simple joy of being at the beach, away from their usual routines.