Chapter thirty one

Start from the beginning

Sitting down I pulled Haku's head in my lap and caressed his cheek.

They really beat him up...

If it weren't for this stupid curse mark I would have tried at least to protect him. But he was the one protecting me now and he's suffering from it.

He's suffering because of me.

Doll, it was his choice.

YOU ARE TALKING LIKE HE JUST DIED!

Whatever, but it's not your fault.

"I am not injured." I say out of nowhere to catch Naruto's attention, but besides Naruto, everyone looked at me. "This is not my blood."

Naruto let out a relieved sigh and sat next to me while I raised Haku's shirt to see the injury.

As expected, it was bandaged by Ino a few moments ago.

Suddenly a hand catched my chin and turned my head up. I found myself facing Sasuke, his eyes burning into the small nail wounds on my cheeks.

"Was it one of those three?"

He asked, his voice dropping to a lower level as he spoke.

I blinked a few times and pulled away from him, his eyes never leaving the small wounds.

"No? I don't know." I lie and in the same time he looked at Sakura for explanation by raising his eyebrows.

She leaned in closer to me, squinting her eyes a little bit.

"No, none of the three layed a finger on my (Y/n). Haku made sure of that." She spoke, her voice filled with suspicion and gentleness.

"I don't know how I got them but they will fade in no time I guess." I shrugged it off and focused on Haku, waiting for him to wake up. We all ended up resting though the whole night.

~~~

I carried Haku on my back and decided that staying with Naruto's team would be much safer at the moment than being alone with a still knocked out teammate. After Ino's team and Neji's said their goodbye's, we started walking too till we reached a smaller river.
We had no food, and barely any water left and Sasuke said that it would be much safer to settle for an hour or two and gain our energy back before running into a fight again.

I sat on a large rock above the river, staring at it and the fish swimming peacefully in the water. I took out my kunai knife, which I threw away in a careless moment, hitting two fish with one tool.

I nailed it.

I wasn't surprised when three other kunai knives flew past me at the same time, stabbing three other fish instantly. Glancing behind me, I noticed Sasuke waiting impatiently for Naruto to get out of the river's cold water.

"Careful. You almost cut me."

I spoke with a small smirk, only to tease Sasuke a little bit about doubting his skills. He looked over to where I was sitting exactly when I pulled out my own kunai with two fish on it.

"You really think I would cut you? Even out of accident? You are dead wrong."

He shot me an annoyed yet not so harsh glare as he crossed his arms, and then Naruto swam up to the surface, not catching anything.

"Well? Come on is that it? I only got three. Now go and do it again."

"WHAT?"