Chapter thirty one

(Y/n)'s pov:

"AAAAGH!" Naruto's loud scream echoed through the forest when Choji hit him on the head with a piece of wood.

After a few moments, Naruto remembered what had happened before he passed out and yelled once again.

"EVERYBODY HIDE! Quick, Get down!" He immediately fell to the ground, which looked a bit like a frog.

I couldn't help but let out a small giggle as Neji pulled me close and hugged me from behind. He was hiding his face in my shoulder, but I felt his lips curl up into a small light smile.

He didn't allow me to move a muscle, telling me that I needed to rest both my body and mind.

Such a sweetheart.

It didn't take much time for everybody to notice that Naruto had woken up.

"Naruto?" Sakura said his name a little bit surprised that he had woken up.

Well, after Choji hit him in the head with that piece of wood I am not surprised.

And I am also glad to have you back doll. You really got me there worrying for a moment even though I knew something like this will happen.

Oh my... were you really so worried about me that you thought you'll lose your mind?

In. Your. Dreams.

"You really are one of a kind, that's for sure. And I mean you are that kind what gets on my nerves." Shikamaru sighed and Choji agreed with him by humming.

I chuckled again. I didn't realise how much I missed these bunch of people till now. All that training and my own problems made me forget about everyone else.

And now I feel bad.

Let's see... I already miss Kakashi. Oh and Hinata too. Even Kiba and Shino.

Ahhh, what I would give now to be home and have a really good night and day sleep.

Naruto looked around, once again probably trying to figure everything out.

His eyes stopped wandering around when he meet mine, focused on me then glaring at the person holding me, and then glaring at my clothes.

Maybe because my clothes had Dosu's dark red blood in them. I wasn't covered in it yet it was still noticable.

I looked away, at Ino who was talking with Tenten and taking care of the boys.

And of course when the girls caught me looking they smiled at me, and I smiled back.

Due to Naruto's confusion Shikamaru was already high in his nerves, letting Sakura explain it slowly.

"Everyone showed up here to help." Sakura smiled softly, playing with her now short pink hair.

Naruto needed a moment to process what he heard by the look of shock on his face.

"B-But your hair! A-And (Y/n)'s injuries!"

Naruto panicked and his eyes kept wandering between me and Sakura.

Did he think that I am injured because of the blood on my clothes?

I mean yeah. That would make sense.

I stood up, pulling away from Neji who pulled on my hand to sit back.

"I am alright. I need to check on Haku." I smiled down at him and he frowned but also nodded, closing his eyes and ggoing back to rest.

I already picked up the scroll left from Dosu, and slowly walked myself to Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto because Haku was just laying there close to them.