"Sure." He says. He smiles. We keep talking until the food is done, then continue our conversation until I'm finished. He washes my dish before I can, then leads me up the stairs.

     We go into my bedroom, and he guides me to lay in the bed before sitting beside me. His heavy arm wraps around my shoulders and I shuffle closer to him.

     "I guess our date will have to be postponed." He says, smirking a little as he looks down at me.

I roll my eyes but smile. "I don't think my dad will want me to go anywhere for a little bit."

"Your dad, or you?"

I look away. I let out a small, shaky sigh.

"Fuck, I didn't mean it like that. I just meant.. if you're worried, you can talk to me about it."

"What if you hadn't taken Enzo with you?" I whisper. "He would've been there with me and he could've gotten hurt. Frankie could've taken him and I wouldn't have been able to do anything about it because I'm weak."

"You're not weak."

"I am." I whisper.

"You've just been in a car accident and could barely walk as it is." He reminds me. He searches my face and lets out a soft sigh. "Why did you lie and tell me your dad was coming? I could've stayed with you."

"I just wanted some time alone. Everyone had been coddling me too much and it made me feel like a baby." I whisper, embarrassed as the words leave my mouth because a few hours alone wasn't worth being beaten up. "I know, it was stupid. Especially while I knew Frankie was on the loose."

He leans back and I lean my head on his shoulder again. Within a few moments I fall asleep.

The next morning I wake up to the sound of a loud bang. My eyes fly open and I shoot up into a sitting position, furrowing my eyebrows when I see Mason standing beside my bed, banging two pot lids together.

"What are you doing?" I ask as Archer groans from beside me, his arm slipping from where it's wrapped around my waist.

"You have five seconds to get out of my sisters bed." Mason tells him.

     "Mason!"

     He bangs the pots again. Archer leaves, and I look up at him.

     "The Hell is wrong with you?" I shout.

     "You looked rather cosy for two people planning to get a divorce!" He replies.

     "God, you're so nosy! Get out!" I go to stand, but he bangs the pots again. "Put those down!"

     "Don't even think about getting out that bed." He warns.

     "I'm an adult. I can do what I want. And I have to see my son."

     "I'll go get him for you." He says. "Dad already made him some breakfast. Stay. Here."

     He leaves, taking his pot lids with him. I sigh heavily and grab my phone from the bedside table. I find a message from our family group chat waiting for me there.

ELIJAH: