A Lone Champion

Faban is lonely wind fairy. The devastating war between the Chantria kingdom and the Evil Fairy named Laverna claimed the lives of both his parents. With no known family left, he found himself in the care of an orphanage near the Galethorn Hollow & Radiant Gardens region.

The orphanage, Aether Glimmer, specifically caters to wind and sparkle child fairies who have lost their parents, much like Faban and his fellow orphans.

Unfortunately, Faban has found it difficult to make friends within the confines of the orphanage. At just 4 years old, he is much younger than the other children, who range from 7 to 12 years old. The older kids tend to keep their distance, fearing the responsibility of looking out for Faban, who hasn't been taught to fly like them.

It's not his fault, though. His parents never had the chance to pass on their knowledge before their tragic demise.

The caretaker of the orphanage is also too busy to teach Faban to fly, and most of the games the other children play require the ability to soar through the sky with their own wings.

This creates a barrier between Faban and the rest of the kids, isolating him further. They perceive him as a hindrance, someone who can't fully participate in the fun, and always needs someone to keep an eye on him due to his young age.

As a result, Faban spends most of his time in solitude. For a whole year, Faban had no one to keep him company, resulting in him rarely speaking unless it was absolutely necessary or when he interacted with the caretaker at the orphanage.

Then, one day, the caretaker gathered all the children and made an announcement.

"Attention all the children. Later on, you will have a new friend. I hope you will all become good friends with each other, alright?" The children of Aether Glimmer orphanage replied in unison,

"Okay, sis!"

Excited by the news, the children engaged in gossip while having their breakfast. "I wonder what the new child will be like. Will she be a wind or sparkle fairy? Will she be nice or mean?" one of the orphanage children pondered aloud. Another child chimed in,

"I don't really know or care about that. What I hope is that she's not too young and can fly, unlike Faban. Ugh," expressing their dissatisfaction. Their friend agreed with their opinion, solidifying their shared sentiment.

When the other fairy kids at the Aether Glimmer orphanage were having fun playing in the grassy area nearby, Faban preferred to hide in his secret spot under the roots of a big tree planted near the back door of the orphanage.

It was a peaceful place where he could be alone without any interruptions from the other kids. Plus, it was close enough to the orphanage in case of an emergency. While Faban was playing and making shadow puppets with his hands and Fairy Flicker, he suddenly noticed that someone else was hiding in the tree roots too.

It was only when the person's shadow blocked his Fairy Flicker that Faban turned around to see who it was. To his surprise, it was another fairy kid he didn't recognize, and this fairy kid didn't have any wings on their back. The unknown fairy kid walked over to Faban.

"What are you doing here?" In a nervous stutter, Faban replied,

"I-i was just playing by myself under this tree... What about you?"

The unknown fairy child revealed that they were new to the area, causing Faban to blush as he realized they were the new orphanage child.

Curiosity sparked in the fairy children's eyes as they asked if they could continue playing shadow puppets together. Not knowing the fairy child's name, Faban questioned, "...why should I play with you when there are other kids around who could play with you?"