26

Halfway through making gingerbread, I get a call from Amy.

"Ooooooo who's that?" Scarlett asks and I smile.

"A girl I met at the hospital. She had a surgery, or it must've finished by now, and she's gonna get better." As I finish I answer the call, still needing the dough.

"Hi." I quickly notice as she finishes that she's actually crying on the windowsill again.

"What's wrong..?" I ask and whisper a sorry to scarlett who doesn't mind as I sit down on the sofa next to Chris Evans.

"Thw surgery went okay." She tells me and I start to become confused. "But they found multiple cancers and I won't live for the next calendar three months."

Immediately I well up at her unfortune.

"Are you kidding?" I ask and she nods sorrowfully. "Fuck, I'm so sorry."

She smiles slightly, wiping her tears. "My parents needed to leave for work today. They said they'd be back in a couple of months but it'll be too late then." Then I get an idea, she could stay with us.

~~~~~~~~~~~

We ended up getting the consent forms from her parents and are now on the way to the hospital to pick her up. Dhe uses a wheelchair so we'll have to hell her out and have no issue with this.

I message her to let her know that we're here and she sends a thumb up emoji in response.

When we arrive at the ward, she gets wheeled out by a nurse.

"Hiiii." I say and she smiles. "You wanna be pushed?" I ask her and she shakes her head, smiling.

"I'll be fine." She shakes her head and I walk besides her, knowing that everyone is waiting at the parking area. Just as I'm about to go down the stairs, I look around for a lift for Amy but there isn't one. That's a bit inconvenient for a hospital.

So, instead, I pull out my phone. Scarlett immediately answers.

"Hi, honey. Is everything okay?" She asks and I speak into the phone.

"There's no lifts." I tell her and she immediately knows what to do, hanging up. "Can I lift you?" I ask and she nods.

I puck her up full Princess style, carrying her down the stairs along with
The feeding tube stuff. It's a struggle but when we get down. Chris Hemsworth helps me put her in the car and I join her in the back.

"What's your favourite music?" I ask her and she shrugs.

"Queen..?" She wants to see if that's the right answer before I nod with approval.

"Favourite Queen song?" I ask and she smiles.

"Killer queen." She says and I nod.

"Corrrct answer." I saw while linking the phone up to the car radio.

The song starts to play and Amy leans her head on my shoulder as the car starts.

In thirty minutes, we're back home and I gently nudge her to wake her up.

She opens her eyes and yawns sleepily before groaning.

Scarlett gets the wheelchair from the back before j lift her into it.

"You wanna be pushed?" I make sure since some people don't like it.

"Yes please." She asks and I do so into the house.

"Welcome home." I say like she's belonged here the whole time.

"Woah, this place is huge." She smiles at the size and I nod. She's not paralysed but her legs and back vary day to day on pain. Today she can't walk at all.

There's a lift in the house near the stairs so we don't have to worry about that. Apparently it was put there when renner had his accident.

By the time I go up the stairs, she's already arrived and steering herself to me.

"So this is where everyone's rooms and the bathrooms are. And here's mine and aver-," I start but realise and clear my throat, coughing the tears away. "This is my room. And now it's also yours." I show her around a little bit before we both get hungry.

She wheels herself to the lift and I go down the stairs before whining at Florence pugh. We currently have a love hate relationship.

"Ugh, I'm so hungry. I'm actually starving. You know that's illegal? To starve kids?" I whine while sitting next to her on the sofa while she has a face mask on, eating pasta.

"That pasta is looking really nice." I grin, nudging her for leftovers.

"There's a spare bowl in the fridge." She tells me before flicking me as I walk off.

I immediately walk to and open the fridge to see a huge bowl of pasta with tomatoes sauce on it.

"You like pasta with dolmino's sauce?" I ask Amy and she nods. I heat it up in the microwave before she gets out of her wheelchair and walks towards the sofa slowly, clearly in a lot of pain.

I feel sympathetic for the poor girl but don't say anything since I know I didn't like pitty when I was ill.

"Wanna watch die hard?" I ask while sitting on the corner of the sofa with my steamy bowl of pasta.

"What? Why?" Hailee says and I talk immediately.

"It's a Christmas film..?" I reply and various people shake their heads.

"That's a disgrace." Rdj says while sitting g down, near Amy who's quietly observing.

"What? It's obviously a Christmas film." I reply and Amy shakes her head.

"Just because it's set at Christmas doesn't mean it's A Christmas film." She states while taking a bite of pasta.

"Frozen is classed as a Christmas film by Disney plus and that's set in the bloody summer." I argue and scarlett ruffles my hair.

"Oh, honey. Noone is right about everything." She tells me in a joking way.

I eventually give in but we still watch die hard so its a win to me.

Me and Amy along with a few otherwise somehow fall asleep during a fight scene.

A/n: sorry I haven't updated in a while. I had a short but bad writing slump.