25

We ended up getting a bunch of toys ranging from lego for the older kids to stuffed animals and other things amongst those.

We pull up at the hospital which we arranged beforehand so they immediately let us in. Me, Holland and scarlett take a good few presents, going down the terminal ward, the people who aren't gonna make it.

It makes me sad as we walk past the old people, to the kids knowing that they won't get to die old in bed.

A nurse guides us to the end of the hallway. "This is Alex, he's ten and has cancer." She tells us as we nod sorrowfuly. Tom takes out one of the lego sets and walks in. The boy is immediately smiling tiredly.

"Spiderman?!" He asks confused and excited.

"Yeah. That's me. And black widow and..." Tom hesitates before coming to the sad realisation that it won't matter if we tell him. "This is a spy! A Russian one." He tells him and the boy beams with joy at the heroes being in their room.

"Woah." He says while coughing and sitting up in the bed.

"And this is for you." I say while handing him the carefully wrapped lego set. He smiles while unwrapping the gift and beaming as soon as he sees the box.

"THIS IS SO COOL." He almost shouts and I crouch down next to him.

"What is it?!" I act surprised.

"It's a lego car!" He replies while giggling. I hand him a cookie that we baked earlier and walk out, knowing that we have a limited time and that he's much more happy with spider man and black widow than me.

"Okay, this is Amy, she's 14 and is suspected to likely not survive the week. She attempted suicide and the rope did some real damage to her breathing and throat so she will probably die due to the rope." The nurse tells me and I'm suddenly so sortow.

"Hello?" I ask while peering the round the door to see a dimly lit room and a crying girl in the corner, sitting on the windowsill.

She immediately notices me and dries her face of the tears that have streamed down it.

"Hello? I'm fine I just. I know that I don't have long left and I hoped it'd be quick so..." She sighs.

"I get it. I attempted last week. Then I woke up and I just felt pain... not death."She smiles softly at the sound of understanding.

"Let me give you my snap. Then you can contact me and as a little secret, I'm gonna be in the next marvel movie so you'll get to be a friend with a celebrity." I brag jokfully.

"Deal." She says before writing her snap down and passing me the paper.

"You want one of the toys? We've got lego and stuffed animals. I think there's some sensory stiff in there as well..?" I offer and she nods.

"I'll have a sensory one if that's okay." She says and I respond with a nod, digging around in the bag before handing her a neatly wrapped small gift. She opens it and smiles while squeezing the stress ball that was inside.

"I've got to give obe of these to everyone so here." I say while smiling and giving her a sticker which has the avengers logo on it saying get well soon.

"I'll message you later." I say with a smile before walking g off. A few kids later from me and then everyone is done so we agree to go home.

As soon as we arrive back, I text her a hello to tell her that this is me and she accepts it in second.

+72782992990
Hi. I answer fast. There's not much to do else here..

Y/n :).
Thats fine. I get it.
So how r u?

+72782992990
Shit. Hbu?

Y/n :).
Meh.

+72782992990
Change my name to Amy. My number is kinda long winded.

Y/n :).
Sure.

*Y/n :) changed +72782992990's name to Amy.*

Y/n :).
That better?

Amy.
Yh.
I'm boredddd.

Y/n :).
Wanna call?

Amy.
Sure.

Y/n :).
Yay.

And with that, I ring her and she picks up immediately. I rest the phone on the end of my bed and reach down to my kitten, lifting her up and holding the ginger cat in my hands.

"This is pumpkin." I tell her and she smiles.

"Christmas present?" She asks and I smile.

"Yeah." I smile before crossing my legs and putting the kitten on my lap.

"My family is here so I just got my presents. I got some new tape to hold the feeding tube up. It has little sharks on it. They're my special interest since I have autism. Along with marvel." She says and I smile.

"What's your favourite shark?" I ask and she smiles.

"Whale sharks. They're so sweet. They eat the things in water so they are completely safe since they don't have teeth." She goes on a little rant making me smile. "I also got some books, art supplies, makeup and sensory toys."

I smile and she smiles back.

I thought that I was pale but she's another level. She has dyes dark blue hair and dark but subtle bags under her eyes. She's very pretty.

Suddenly. The door opens to her hospital room making the chatting dye down. It must be their doctor or something.

"We've found out, that... we think that if you have an operation then you can get better. We think that it could give you a chance." I hear the doctor say making me smile. But I can see her parents looking worriedly in the back.

"Oh my god. I have to go. Sorry." She says before quickly clicking off. Oh well. I think before heading downstairs. She's gonna get better and that's good. (🤭).

A/n:

I love Olivia rodrigo sm.