part 31 - messages and real life

~ ♡ Lizzie ♡ ~

Rory
where are you

Lizzie
in a convenience store, i think it's called H W smith or something
why, what's up

Rory
you mean WHSmith...
im coming over to you now, and then we need to find a busy cafe or something.

Lizzie
Rory, what is going on?
Is Xochitl with you?

Rory
No, her, Luca, and benedict are looking at expensive shit
I left them to go to the bathroom
I think my parents are here

Lizzie
What makes you think that

Rory
I'm pretty sure i saw my dad when i was leaving the bathroom
i think they're following me

Lizzie
come straight over to me, please

Rory
I'm on my way

---

~ Mum ~

Mum
Aurora, stop walking away

Rory
Stop following me you insane bitch

Mum
i haven't raised you to speak to me like that

Rory
No, you actually havent raised me at all
I dont want to see you

Mum
I just want to talk to you Aurora

Rory
Then you know what its like to want.

Mom
Aurora, don't be so rude
I am a mother who would like to speak to her daughter
Is that such a crime

Rory
If you were my true mother, i wouldn't be running away from you
And you would also know that my name isn't Aurora

---

Real life.

Rory saw stood outside the shop, her head turning in every direction. She ran up to her and grabbed her hand, "lets go, I know they're here."

Lizzie didn't question anything, just focussed on getting the teen to safety. They found a very busy Starbucks and seated themself in the back corner out of sight from everyone.

"How do you know that they are here?" Lizzie questioned once they were seated and somewhat comfortable. Rory unlocked her phone and showed her the messages. Lizzie couldn't help but smile at how well the teen had held herself.

"I'm so proud of you," she said, handing the phone back to her, "As much as i despise these people and really dont want to meet them in the fear of doing somrthing thst could get me into trouble,  why dont we entertain her idea?"

"That's the worst idea you've ever had, Liz. They are still mad at me over the whole money situation." Rory said, clearly against the idea.

"Yes, but we are in a very public and busy place, and I'm here with you, they aren't going to hurt either of us and if they do then they have the police to deal with." Elizabeth stated, Rory nodded along. It wasn't actually a bad plan. It was probably the best place for this to happen.

"OK. But we are moving tables so people can see us." Rory agreed.

---

~ Mum ~

Rory
Starbucks
You have 10 minutes to say your piece, then I'm leaving.

---

~ Benedict ~

Lizzie
Me and Rory are in the Starbucks. Can you keep Xochitl and Luca with you for a little bit longer

Benedict
Of course. Xochitl is my new favourite 16-year-old. By the way, tell Rory

Lizzie
Rory said, "Still a malted milk."

Benedict
This is why Xochitl is the favourite
See you soon

Lizzie
See you soon.

---

Real life.

A man and woman walked into the coffee shop, Lizzie didn't pay much notice until she noticed Rory completely switched off. "Is that them?" Elizabeth asked quietly. Rory just nodded slightly, and she regretted agreeing to this.

They spotted Rory fairly quickly and headed over to the table,neither Rory or Lizzie stood up to greet them, which clearly pushed the parent's buttons a little bit,as their fake smiles dropped back to their usual frown. Rory was still frozen in her seat, staring straight ahead. Lizzie, however, although not moving from her seat,  brought both her arms crossed to her chest, crossed one leg over the other, and started frowning.

 "Who are you?" Her mother snapped bluntly.

 "I'm Elizabeth, and you are?" She responded, matching her tone.

 "I'm Aurora's mother, and this is her father, we would like a moment alone with our daughter." When she said the lady part, Rory grabbed Elizabeth's hand from underneath the table, Elizabeth squeezed it slightly, feeling Rory's eyes drift up to the actress.

 "No, sorry, she's actually under my care at the moment, so if you wanna speak to her, then you speak to the both of us." If Rory wasn't terrified right now, she'd be hyping Lizzie up sho much. She had never heard her spam to anyone this way,but she loved it.

 "She's our daughter, and we would like to speak to her." The father stated loudly.

 "That didn't seem to matter when you left her alone on the other side of the world to fend for herself. You can speak to her, but I'm not going anywhere." Lizzie snapped.

 "Fine, how was your birthday?" The mother said in a clearly came attitude, directing her attention toward Rory.

 "Fine." 

 " How is work going? "

 "Like you care."

 " Listen, I don't think this job is working for you. You are too young, I am going to pull you out. "

 "You can't just pull me out," Rory could feel herself getting emotional, and was searching her head for something to throw back at them, "you signed a contract to keep me in for the whole filming period." She didn't mention that they had finished filming, and neither of her parents were on social media, so I wouldn't know.

 "I will be in contact with Kevin,but you will not be in L.A. much longer, so pack your things and be ready to leave." The mother finished, both parents stood up and walked out.

The minute they were out of sight, Rory collapsed into Lizzie's side and started sobbing, Lizzie didn't know what to say our do, so she just kept quiet, but wrapped her arms around Rory.