The First Date: Raphael

(Y/N)'s POV

"Sorry, I got plans tonight. Maybe we can go out some other time?" I held the phone between my shoulder and ear as I lifted various articles of clothing up to my body to decide on an outfit to wear. I could hear (Mikey's Girlfriend's Name) whine with disappointment on the other end of the line.

"The one time I'm off, and you suddenly have plans? What am I? Chopped liver?"

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Hey, you're the one that said I need to get out more."

"Okay, but as your BFF, I think I take priority unless it's a- Wait. Are you going on a date?!"

I paused for a second before answering. "Well-"

I pulled the phone away from my ear in pain as my friend let out a sharp squeal in excitement.

"What's his name? Where's he from? How'd you meet him? What does he look like? Is he tall?" (M/G/N) continued to ramble on with her questions, never allowing me to answer a single one. A buzzing on my phone pulled me away from the conversation and look at my screen.

'Omw.' The text read.

Shit. I'm not even dressed yet!

"Hey, I gotta go. He's on his way." I interrupted, collecting all of my clothes I dropped on the floor and throwing them onto my bed.

"Have fun," (M/G/N) replied. "Call me when you get back! I need all the details!"

I hung up the phone and tossed it off to the side. Now, what should I wear?

Surprisingly, I was able to get ready with just a few seconds to spare because as soon as I was finished with my mascara, Raph came barreling into the room through the open window.

He looked at me up and down with a smirk on his face as he walked towards me. "Looking good, Songbird."

I giggled, slapping his plastron lightly. "Shut up, flirt. So what's the plan?"

"I thought tonight we'd do something a bit different, which is why I gotta use the can real quick." Before I can even protest and question why, he was already closing the door to my bathroom. I groaned, plopping down onto my bed to wait.

"Don't break anything!" I yelled. I immediately heard bottles clang to the floor and a half-assed apology followed. Rolling my eyes, I laid back on the bed and scrolled through Twitter on my phone.

After a few minutes, I heard the bathroom door open and shut, prompting me to look and see my large turtle boyfriend clad in a white tank, black leather jacket with a hood, dark grey jeans, black boots. As Raph stepped out, he cockily spun around on his heel to give me a full view of his outfit. He had a smirk plastered on his face as he walked towards me and held his hand out for me to take.

"I know you said we were going out, but I didn't think you meant literally. What happens if anyone sees you?" I questioned.

"Relax. I ain't stupid. Now will ya get up and take my hand?" Raph asked, shaking his hand in front of me for emphasis.

Hesitantly, I obliged and took his hand, allowing him to pull me off the bed and lead me to the fire escape and down to the alley where his bike was hidden. He handed me the helmet as he got on, putting on his gloves and lifting his hoodie to cover his skin. I still didn't know where exactly we were going, but I just decided to put on the helmet and keep quiet until we got to our destination. We drove all the way to Lower East Side and parked in a small alleyway a bit of a walk away from a venue called Arlene's Grocery. Even though he was technically off-duty, he didn't want anyone recognizing the bike as the NightWatcher's and calling the cops. We started to walk towards the venue a few blocks down and made small talk.

"So, NightWatcher," I started. "Where'd you get your getup? I know I've never asked, but I figured it was about time I knew."

"Uhhh... a friend." He answered shortly.

I raised a quizzical eyebrow. "A friend?"

"Yeah, David was his name."

"You've never told me about this 'David.' How'd you meet him?" I pressed. I then notice his demeanor change ever so slightly, but I wasn't sure why.

Raph buried his hands in his pockets and looked down at the ground as we walked. "Maybe I'll tell you more about him some other time."

Placing my hand on his shoulder, I leaned a bit forward to try to read the expression on his face. What was he hiding?

"Sorry, did I say something wrong?" I asked.

He shook his head and took the hand that rested on his shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "Nah, it's just a-"

A shrill scream was heard in the alleyway to our left, stopping us dead in our tracks. We looked at each other, but I could see the battle between hesitance and bravery in his eyes. As a hero, he wanted to go, but as my boyfriend, he didn't want to leave my side. I gave him a soft smile and let go of his hand, silently urging him to go save whoever was in that alleyway.

Without further delay, he ran into the darkness, promising he'd be right back as he left. I could hear the sound of punches being thrown and bodies being shoved until there was silence.

"Raph?" I called into the darkness, but there was no response. I slowly stepped towards the alleyway when a woman dressed in a fur coat and a short hot pink dress came out clutching her purse, immediately crossing the street to leave the scene. Not far behind her was Raphael, unfurling the sleeve on his jacket as if nothing ever happened.

"Shall we continue?" He asked with a smirk, holding his hand out to me.

I rolled my eyes and took his hand in mine to continue our walk. "Don't scare me like that."

He laughed. "Aw! Did ya miss me?"

"Shut up. Do you know who's playing?"

"Just some small local band," he shrugged. "Sounded kinda good when I overheard their shows in an alley one time on patrol."

"Oh, so you're a fan?" I teased.

Raph rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Okay, I wouldn't say that."

____

Howdy, everyone! So in case it's been too long and you can't remember, a few chapters ago I mentioned Mikey and Raph's girlfriends know each other but they don't know that they're dating brothers, the brothers don't know anything, etc. etc. Just wanted to do a quick refresh because honestly there's a lot I forgot about, too. Anyways, I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. Please leave a vote, comment, and share with your friends if you enjoyed it! And I will see you in the next chapter. Bye!