Chapter Thirty-Three: Official 🔞

Y/n waved as Jimin started toward his car. Wooyeon and Chaeyoung had already left, and Yuri knelt down to tie her shoes. Chaewon and Minju accompanied Y/n behind him with wide smiles.

"Stay safe!" Minju shouted.

In the corner of his eye, Y/n noticed Yuri make a small, hidden gesture. One to come close. Y/n knelt next to Yuri, allowing her to cup her mouth next to his ear.

"I know what you and Minju unnie did. Promise me you'll let me do it too when I'm eighteen, and I won't tell," she whispered.

Before Y/n could respond, Yuri pecked Y/n's cheek, giggling, "Sorry Chaewon unnie!!"

Y/n blinked in disbelief while Chaewon tilted her head. The trio watched Jimin drive off before closing the mansion doors.

"What was that about?" Chaewon mumbled.

"I... don't know," Y/n breathed.

After winding down, showering, and preparing for bed, the remaining three Kim's relaxed in a set of sleep-ware. Y/n and Chaewon sat on the edge of Y/n's bed—neither able to muster the words they wanted to. Minju sat in the guest room, most likely fast asleep, yet the former couldn't seem to take his mind off of her.

The guilt in her eyes and regret in her voice sank its teeth into his chest, biting down with each heartbeat. Y/n fiddled with his fingers, hoping everything would turn out fine.

"Mr. Kim; Chaewon" they said in stereo. Both parties turned toward the other—Chaewon's eyes filled with determination, and Y/n's with sorrow.

Chaewon cleared her throat, "I'll go first. I want to make our relationship official. I was thinking about what you said, and you were right."

Y/n's mouth hung ajar. He stared into Chaewon, frozen in time. Before him sat the woman he unknowingly loved since Minju moved away saying she wanted to date. She sat on his bed in shorts and one of his t-shirts. Her doe-like eyes looked to him with determination and their infamous deceiving innocence.

She really means it... This is my chance. We can both be happy together- But I... FUCK!!

"What were you going to say, Mr. Kim?" Chaewon asked softly.

Y/n opened his mouth. Words of all kinds flooded to be the first, causing him to choke on his words. He paused, taking a deep breath, before turning to the radish. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry for everything. I'll do my best to make you as happy as I can."

I need to talk to Minju before I can tell Chae...

Chaewon's mouth formed into a frowning smile. She placed her head on Y/n's shoulder, sighing in relief before guiding Y/n under the sheets. Gently, Chaewon wrapped herself in Y/n's embrace. Her lips crept next to Y/n's neck for a gentle peck on his skin.

"This feels like the old days," she giggled.

A familiar, scent rushed through Y/n's nose. It laid distant in his memory, but a few seconds of pondering reminded him of what it was.

"You used an old bottle of shampoo," Y/n mumbled.

Chaewon smiled. She straddled stop Y/n's stomach, cupping his cheeks, "Does this remind you of high school—when you just found me?"

"Can't say I remember you sitting on top of me at the time," Y/n snickered.

"You probably daydreamed about it though," she squinted.

Y/n pinched Chaewon's love handles, chuckling, "Maybe."

The radish groaned as Y/n pulled her in close for a hug. Her breasts felt like pillows atop his chest, and the scent of her hair put a rosy tint on the moment. For a moment, Y/n  felt their heart beats synch. No longer were they just master and maid. Chaewon was finally his—officially.