Chapter Fifteen: Distress

Y/n woke up in the middle of the night, rubbing his neck as its coarseness caused it to sting.

Y/n sat up, looking around the dark room.

I need some water.

The boy carefully slid out of bed, hoping that his actions wouldn't wake the sleeping girl beside him.

"Oppa..."

"Don't worry. I'm just getting some water."

"Wait... Let me come with."

"Okay."

Y/n waited a few seconds, until he could see Minju's silhouette near him. As he began to walk, a smaller hand grabbed a hold of his, stopping him in his tracks.

"Don't leave without me..."

"I won't."

Y/n tugged on the sleepy girl's hand, guiding her through his house. As they neared the kitchen, a dim light caught Y/n's eye, grabbing his attention. From the dining room, Y/n spotted a figure sitting at the table.

Y/n let go of Minju's hand, placing his hand on Minju's shoulder. Although he was gentle, Y/n could help but chuckle internally as Minju jumped in place.

"Wait here, okay? I'll be back."

"Eung..."

Slowly, Y/n walked towards the dining room, peeking inside to get a good look at the mysterious figure.

"Inzaghi??"

Inzaghi turned around, placing his fork on his plate as he wiped his mouth.

"Oh, Mr. Kim, Is there something you need?"

"No, I was just getting water. What are you doing eating dinner this late?"

"I usually eat this late, sir."

"You do?"

Inzaghi politely nodded his head.

"Yes. I'm always the last of the servants to work. I usually eat as the night guards begin their patrol."

"Oh... How come I never knew about this?"

"You have always been asleep, or in your room whenever I head off to bed."

"I see... Anyway, I hope you enjoy your meal, and have a good night, Inzaghi."

"You too, Mr. Kim."

Y/n walked back to the spot he left Minju, watching her wobble in place as she tried to stay awake. After trying to suppress his laughter for a few seconds, Y/n grabbed her hand.

"Let's go."

"Eung..."

Inside the kitchen, Y/n flicked a switch turning on a set of dim lights, causing Minju to wince.

"I'll grab you a glass."

Y/n reached inside a cupboard, grabbing two glasses. After filling the first one, Y/n handed it to Minju. While he filled the second one, Y/n looked back to see Minju holding the now empty cup to her lips with both of her hands.

Cute...

"Oppa..."

"Hm?"

"I need another one..."

"Another?? You're going to need to use the bathroom in the middle of the night."

"Just half."

"Okay. I'll fill your cup once more."