Chapter Forty-Six: Finale

For what only felt like a few days, the two Kims hung out, taking walks, cuddling, doing anything they could together as they didn't have anything else to do. Of their activities together, the one the pair enjoyed the most was the occasional midnight talk they had on the balcony.

"That's not a bad perfect day." Chaewon commented, "I guess I could go for something like that."

Suddenly, a bead of sweat dropped onto the rail Chaewon leaned on prompting the maid to wipe her forehead.

"Crazy how it can be hot despite it being night time," Y/n chuckled, "Do you want to go down to the pool?"

"The pool right now?"

"Yeah. We can just go to the indoor one if you're afraid we're going to get cold or something. That one heats up.

Chaewon pursed her lips, "Sure. Let's go."

Heading to their own rooms, each Kim changed into a swimsuit before heading to the pool. While Y/n wore a standard pair of swim trunks, Chaewon wore a black two-piece. The straps of her top crossed over one another, hugging around the radish maid's neck snuggly. Meanwhile, her bottom piece covered half of her midriff stopping just above her navel. On the sides, multiple slits opened up showing small sections of her skin.

"Woah... When did I get you that?" Y/n asked, "I only remember getting you standard swimsuits."

Chaewon tugged on her top, repositioning it, "Well... You remember wrong. I haven't gone shopping for things ever since you took me the first time."

"You bought that without me noticing?"

"I guess? I have a white version of this too."

"Just how much stuff did you buy..."

"I don't know. Go check my closet."

"I don't think I want to."

"Suit yourself."

Not wanting to wait any longer, Y/n stepped into the pool.

"It's kind of crazy how hot this year is..."

"I guess we're going through a heatwave."

"Yeah, but it doesn't usually get this hot."

Chaewon sighed as she rested her back against the cold pool walls. "I don't mind. It gives us more reason to relax in the pool."

"I guess you're right," Y/n chuckled, "This pool is nice."

"Yeah, because you just had some good memories of this place not too long ago," Chaewon teased.

Realizing the meaning behind her words, Y/n stepped back blushing wildly.

"Y-Ya! Don't bring that up!!"

Chaewon giggled, satisfied by her superior's reaction. "I'm kidding. I'm kidding."

Y/n rolled his eyes, "Whatever. Do you want to do something tomorrow?"

"I want to read that book I saw you looking for last month."

"Which one?"

"Rend?"

"Oh. You should read the Sunder books first. They're the start of the series."

"How do I read it?"

"I have the books in my room. I'm surprised you haven't seen them."

"Oh those? I've seen them, but I didn't know what they were."

"Now you do."

"Yes I do."

From around his body, Y/n felt the waves of the pool lightly brush up against his frame. If he were to ask himself what he saw himself doing during the summer, Y/n would probably answer that he would be playing games with his group, reading, or hanging out with Minju or Jimin.