Chapter Twenty: Open Your Eyes

Y/n walked into the Park kitchen, grabbing a few groceries from the bags that still remained.

"I'm sorry for taking so long."

"Oh no! Don't worry. You should head home. I can take care of this."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

'Okay. Have a good day, Ms. Park."

"You too, Y/n!"

Y/n walked back to the car where Inzaghi patiently waited.

"Let's go home."

"Yes, Sir."

The rest of Y/n's day proceeded as normal. He did his homework, video calling Minju as he did so, lazed around until dinner came, ate dinner, and finally laid in bed. As Chaewon appeared by his side, Y/n turned his head to the radish girl.

"You were in my room a lot today. What's up with that?"

"I decided to dust the place while you were gone, so I was making sure I didn't miss any spots after I ventilated the place."

Y/n took a deep breath.

"You did... It feels a lot less stuffy in here. Thank you."

"Of course."

Y/n closed his eyes, sighing.

"Is there something wrong Mr. Kim?"

"Yeah... I just want to say I'm really sorry for what I did earlier, and if there's a way I can make it up to you, please tell me."

"It's fine. A walk in was bound to happen with our rooms being next to each other."

"I'm not talking about the walk in. I'm talking about what happened before that."

"Oh..."

"I didn't really apologize properly, but I don't know how to apologize for that. I would tell you I'm here for you, but I can't really say that as the person who caused it..."

Chaewon tightened the one arm she had wrapped around Y/n's body.

"It's okay, Mr. Kim. I know that you were genuine from your first apology. While it wasn't the best apology, I know you're not that type of person."

Y/n sighed once more, "Thank you for understanding."

"Of course. You should sleep now, Mr. Kim. I don't want you to be tired tomorrow morning."

"Okay. Good night, Chaewon."

"Good night, Mr. Kim."

As Chaewon waited for Y/n to fall asleep, she quickly became irritated as she knew he wasn't falling asleep.

"Is there something else that's wrong, Mr. Kim?"

"You're still awake?"

"Eung. I can't sleep."

Y/n chuckled, "Me neither."

'Why not?"

"I'm afraid to fall asleep."

"Why?"

"I just experienced sleep paralysis for the first time last night."

"You did?"

"Yeah... My chest felt really heavy, and it felt like someone was choking me."

"I see... I have a fix for that."

"You do?"

"Eung. I'll hold your hand, okay?  If you experience it again, wiggle your fingers to the best of your abilities. I'll wake you up."