Chapter Fourteen: Reverberations

Y/n furrowed an eyebrow.

"What do you mean you could have stopped her yesterday?"

"I had a good hunch that Chaewon would have tried to kill herself, but I didn't try to save her. I just told Chaeyoung about my hunch... It was really selfish of me. I'm really sorry..."

Y/n watched in silence as his cheery friend fell to his knees.

"I'm so sorry... If you don't want to forgive me that's okay, but I just needed to get this off my chest before it strangled me."

"Is there a reason why you didn't go?"

"I was too scared... I couldn't bear the thought of seeing another person kill themselves- Not after I watched my dad kill himself."

"So that's what happened to your father..."

"Yeah..."

Jimin began to break down, crying as he continued to sit on his knees.

"It's all because I was selfish that everyone's hurting... I could have stopped her from trying to hang herself... the damage would have been minimized... I'm so sorry, Y/n..."

Y/n slid out of bed with a sigh.

"Ya. Get up."

Jimin looked up, tears streamed down his face.

"I don't like seeing you like this. It's unnerving."

"But..."

"Don't worry about it. You had your reasons which caused you to hesitate. I don't expect you to be able to do everything. You're fifteen for god's sake."

Jimin's tears fell faster as he clenched his shirt.

"I don't deserve you..."

"Don't worry about it. We're bros, right? We've gotta be there for each other."

After a few moments, Jimin stood up, wiping his tears.

"Yeah..."

Chaeyoung took a deep breath as she stood in front of Chaewon's hospital room.

"I hope she's awake."

Behind her stood Minju and Inzaghi, waiting to enter. After collecting herself, Chaeyoung slid the door open, finding Chaewon looking out the hospital window.

"Chaewonie..."

Chaewon looked over, widening her eyes as she laid eyes on the familiar face.

The expression on her face quickly disappeared as Chaewon turned her face back to the window.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"We came to check up on you."

"Why?"

"Because we're worried about you."

"Thank you."

"How have you been the past few days?"

Chaewon shrugged, "Not good."

"I'm sorry I didn't come earlier. I heard that had I come even ten seconds later, you would have died."

Chaewon clenched her fist.

Ten seconds later...

"I'm so glad I came in time... I don't know what I would have done if you died..."

"Why are you so attached to me??"

Chaeyoung and Minju looked towards the radish with wide eyes.