Avni

I unlock the door quietly in hope of scaring Anika but as soon as I open the door , Anika jumped infront of me wearing a monster mask . I felt my soul left my body and screamed so loudly that I ended up falling on my bum straight. Anika removed her mask and start laughing holding her stomach . Seeing her laugh , I started laughing too . Then I realized girls have come out of their dorm rooms to check upon us hearing me scream . I mentally face palm myself and get up from my place . I said sorry to everyone for inconvenience and fastly move in my room locking the door behind me .

As soon as I lock the door and face Anika , we started laughing again.

"Stunned about the fact that I use your trick on you , meri jaan" Anika said smirking .

"Not stunned but again proved we got same brain cells "

" isn't thats why we are best friends "

"Best friend forever "

"Forever"

She came and hugged me tightly. I know she got emotional.

"I know u love me , nika , just don't get emo , you know I hate it"

" I know ice princess , change your outfit soon, we need to go canteen as soon as possible or else there will be no food left for us in canteen" she said leaving me .

"Yes ,yes mommy"

She started smiling again and I smiled seeing her smile.
I put my backpack on bed , take my pajamas and long tee from my drawer and went towards bathroom .

"Get out of bathroom in 5 minutes, don't take much time "

"Yes , yes mommy, your child won't disappoint you"

I heard Anika chuckling outside the bathroom as I turned on the shower.

..................

2:17 am

I closed my book and see the time in my phone. As soon as we get in our room after dinner we started studying and preparing for next day classes . We both are doing btech in computer science so it need lots of effort and practice every day .

"Nika , I am going to sleep and it was too tiring day today ,good night"

" I am going to sleep too , I was waiting from eternity that you close your book and we can both sleep "

"You don't have to wait for me nika , sleep whenever you want , you also had a very tiring day today " I said while sliding into blanket on bed.

"Who said I was waiting for you ? If I have closed book before you, you would have started your lecture of how important this degree is and we have to study for it"

"So basically you agree that you score good grades in exams because of me "

"In one way , yes"

I chuckled as I lie down and cover my face with blanket. I heard Anika switching off light and went to her bed . As I was trying to sleep, I remember something and get out of my bed and switch on the light.

"Nika , nika get up ,I got something to tell you " I get on her bed and started waking her up.

"Earthquake, earthquake " she wake up hastily rubbing her eyes.

"Earthquake nhi aaya hai , I want to tell you something "

"Thankgod , if someone wakes you in midnight in my home town it means its earthquake most of the time "

" okay ,okay , I need to tell you something that happened when I was returning from animal shelter yesterday evening "

"Did you encounter a creep or someone propose you?"

"Not that bad , I saw some boys beating out another boy very badly "

She furrowed her eyebrows and asked me to explain her . I explained her everything in detail.

"Are you sure , he saw you? Do you know him"

"Hundred percent sure , I felt his eyes will pierce my soul and body. And due to dark I don't know who he is. Maybe someone from council."

"Hmm , I see. don't worry ,kuch nhi hoga .you run away from there and don't mention this incident to anyone in future . I mean no one."

"Yes , well i just want to tell you or else I wouldn't able to sleep , good night."

"And if you mention it to me after waking up I have beat you down for not telling me before .Ab mujhe neend arhi. Good night." She hug me again . "Don't even think about this incident and sleep tight."

I nod my head and switch off the light.