What The Future Looks Like

Chaewon's POV:

It's been three years since we got married. Two years since our first child was born. Her name is Kim Jayeon, after one of Minjoo's Characters she played previously. Crown Princess Ahn Jayeon. Though she died in this K-Drama after just two episodes, I like the name Jayeon. Which means Kind. We picked that name in the hopes that our daughter will be kind and graceful. That she may stay kind despite any adversity she might face in the future. Though as a parent you could only pray that your kids never go through the same ordeal you've dealt with growing up. Jayeon was showing interest with cooking, she's always by Yuri's side helping her chop some vegetables at the age of two. It's cute but becoming worrisome to watch her handle a small paring knife. Since it wasn't meant for cutting root crop vegetables such as carrots and potatoes. But it was a knife she could handle without hurting herself. Sometimes I wonder how Yuri wasn't afraid that her two year old child could handle a knife with ease. I can't watch them cook together as I feel anxious and worried for my aegi. Jayeon and Haneul were best buddies, Haneul was Minjoo and Kwangbae's first born child, born a week after our Jayeon was born. Haneul looked so much like Haneul Appa. He's a gentleman and a softie like Minjoo, it's easy to make him cry as exhibited by Jayeon who got her temperamental brat nature from Yuri and I, it's a headache if I was being honest. Out of all the traits she could've gotten from me it had to be my temper. Jayeon wasn't patient and would often have outbursts like I did and Haneul would often offer her candies or treats so she would stop having outbursts. She looks more like Yuri with a short temper like me. Haneul looks like Haneul Appa but more gentle and soft spoken unlike Haneul Appa who was always noisy and loved being the center of attention. Haneul was a pacifist and Jayeon had him wrapped around her little finger. I imagined Haneul as Haneul Appa's younger self if she's soft spoken and gentle. Haneul Appa was always tough love and boisterous, she sings mid-sermons. She's like a wise woman but on crack. Jayeon and Haneul were adorable nonetheless, it's Christmas and the kids, Minjoo, Wonyoung, Haneul and Jayeon came with us to the Philippines to see our extended family.

Haneul Appa must be proud of us for keeping up with our visits to her grave. We also found a diary entry from Seri Eomma's diary that Yunjin gave to us, her last and final entry detailing her last wishes. We're working towards granting them. Dayeon Haelmoni and Alexandrov Harabeoji were dead already and they were cremated and kept at their house and her brother was always busy anyway so we're reaching out to her brother to get his permission to rebury Seri Eomma in the Philippines together with Haneul Appa. He still hasn't responded yet, but Korea had a thirty years rule where in you could be buried at a cemetery both private and public for about 30 years and after that your body would be exhumed and the family needs to find another burial place for you. Which is why many families opt for cremation and keep their loved ones close by, some even wear the ashes on a vial as a pendant. We aren't sure what will happen to Eomma's body as of yet but we wanted her to be beside her partner as she revealed in her diary. We gathered in San Fernando together with our children, Haneul Appa's parents were already retired and living in the Philippines. They manage a Restaurant owned by Skyler Harabeoji called Haneul's Fusion Restaurant which was a perfect melting pot of the three cultures she grew up with. Italian, Korean and Filipino fusion was something not yet seen in the market. So, it was a hit in the Philippines especially their Barbecue Fusion. Where a sample platter was presented to the customer, divided in three sections, the first being Filipino Barbecued meat, second was the Korean style Barbecued meat and the Italian style Barbecued meat. Everything was perfect and Skyler Harabeoji was the man behind the dishes, it's something that her daughter loves to eat. It's sort of an ode to Haneul Appa's life and love, a pure celebration of her life. He's now known to our kids as Skyler Harabeoji, he loved seeing our kids, always giving them gifts for their birthdays and Christmas. Just like this year when we went here, our arrival was again a big event as Haneul Appa's cousins came to pick us up, with welcome home banners. It's ridiculous but always fun and warm to see, how they are all excited for us to come as if we were their own blood and I guess we were rightfully their own blood, we shared a common love for Haneul Appa.