Little things

Yuri's POV:

Third Month into a forced hiatus

It was three months since the lawsuit and roughly two months since Namjoon Appa died. Chaewon was doing well, she was always someone who is strong willed and an even stronger person than anyone gives her credit for. She was a rock to everyone who knew her. We were currently on a forced hiatus and has since then lived our days either resting or composing songs and writing lyrics for the upcoming two albums for Japan and another one for Korea. We also practiced for the last album we have yet to release. BLOOM*IZ was something we all anticipated to release as soon as we are free from our hiatus and then a week or two after another one which was ONEIRIC Diary was in the works and then Twelve for Japan. We had to halt the release of BLOOM*IZ which will complete the trilogy of our debut. All because of Gaeun, we all had to pushback this album. Which was already pushed back for a month because of Chaewon's Father. It doesn't stop us from writing the two other albums and making sure everything was all set and everything was within our schedule. It was hard, because we had no feedback from our fandom, no one was allowed to communicate with the public. Everything was at a standstill. We wanted to communicate but we couldn't for the fear of being criticized and unloved by the public. It was hard to not know whether the fandom still thought of us as inspiration and if we were bringing delight into their lives. After the accusations for certain members of having their ranking manipulated it was like being back to square one again, rebuilding ourselves and our confidence. We had still a packed daily schedule for the two albums that needs to be polished, so there was no time to feel bad about Gaeun's accusations. We had to stick to the schedule and work out every aspect of the upcoming albums. We just finished breakfast and we are now quietly working on lyrics. We all had our earphones in and listening to the beat that was composed by Kku Eomma.

Kku Eomma was a musical genius herself, having composed and wrote some beautiful beats and lyrics. One of which became our song called Yummy Summer a summer song which tries to emulate Red Velvet's summer songs. It was cheery and happy tone, too happy and excited kind of, Kku Eomma remembers her fans, even if it was a long time ago since they met, she smiles at them and greets them fondly. It was an amazing thing to experience first hand. She takes up the line on every fan meeting, meticulously having conversations with fans. She was a gentle soul that our team badly needed. We all came from rough years of losing our dorm parents and even those who weren't initially part of our team got sucked right into it by association with us. It was the darkness of those years that sucked everyone in, because they wanted to be our friend, Wonyoung and Yujin were the first victims of the aftermath, they came a year after both parents' death. Both unjustly suffered through our loss, we were floating and trying to care for our maknaes, everyone did their best and I was proud we did in our own way. Granted it wasn't enough, but we still tried our best to get out of the loop. The thing with death is it forces you to cope with a loved one's loss, to face it and to deal with it to the best of your abilities. Chaewon had lost her own Father and dealing with it along with the lawsuit had put a strain into our relationship. I chose to ignore the strains and dismiss them to just her lashing out at how unfair the world seems to be. I agreed with her sentiments, I agree and understand her because I saw and felt the same connections with the people she lost and when she was hurting, I was the one who was holding her together. I had front row view of everything she went through and pulled her back when she allowed herself to float away. A death whether in the family or your chosen family is something impactful and hard to comprehend, maybe that's why I stayed, maybe it was the hope for happier times or because I love her so much, I can't let her go easy.

She currently looked so solemn as she listened to the beat that we were assigned. We were going to write lyrics for this beat and sound. Her head bobbing at the sound. It was a hip sound, signature sound of IZ*ONME. It had trumpets and an electronic feel to it, it sounds exciting. Like a celebration of freedom and the things we love, cherish and care for the ending beats kind of slows down like a secret it seemed. I guess this beat feels like sharing a secret we hold dear. Like perhaps love? I am not sure really, but I wrote a line 'deureobollae donghwa soge naol beobhan yaegi' I giggled at how I was writing the words to this beat, it was for fun that I wrote the first line. Soon, Minjoo Unnie looked over my notes and she read it to the beat of the music.