Where it all started

Yuri's POV:

Flashback to 6 years ago...

It was one of those nights that Chaewon got home late from work. I never know where she goes and what was it about her that she was trying to hide. It has been two months since she joined Team A, Class A. She was still a mystery to me. One that I can't put a finger on and it bothered me. Mostly because she was always speaking up to Chaeyeon, pointing out her faults and for acting like she owned the world. Now, I was niece of WM's VP, I didn't need to meddle with issues like these, but being she was my room mate as well as group mate in training, I was worried that if she keeps challenging Chaeyeon, she'd get into far deeper trouble than she was already in, I hear her cry late into the night, probably something shitty was going on with her and then she goes on to challenge the Great Lee Chaeyeon, Niece of CEO Wonmin, Owner of WM and a star in her own right because of her two appearances on survival shows that created a group and the other one that launched her to become a popular trainee for JYP. People rooted for Chaeyeon's debut, she in turn perfected her performance and showmanship skills, honing her skills every single day she lived and practiced dancing and singing. I wouldn't typically engage in Chaeyeon's childishness, because I was niece of a high ranking official in the company, we can battle this out using my connections if worse comes to worst. But alas I can never find it in my heart to speak up against Chaeyeon, I knew her whole story, I knew what's causing her ill temper and bratty comebacks. Chaeyeon was also a victim of bullying as much as she was a bully to our team, pushed to leave her dream label in favor of her sister, pushed to go on ridiculous diets, losing two survival show chances, losing her love and being cheated on, it was one too many reasons why she was an ill mannered brat. I mean if I were in her shoes, I would've screamed and shouted at my luck, why does it have to be me? You know? I waited for Chaewon's arrival, so we could talk. Get to know each other a little more. Like clock work, she arrived at ten in the evening, she was clearly exhausted, but bowed before me after seeing me still up. Reading a book for my English class. I closed the book and placed it back to my study table.

"Hey, Chaewon. What were you doing out so late?" I asked her.

"Oh, uhm. I was out walking dogs, for a part time job." She replied to me.

"I see, do you have time? I wanted to go to the convenience store." I replied to her.

"I don't have money to buy stuff from the convenience store." She replied.

"My treat. Let's go!" I pulled her with me.

She walks begrudgingly obviously, it felt like dragging her unwillingly. But we must go somewhere in case she was going to spill something she wouldn't want anyone to hear.  The convenience store was somewhere we could go without needing to worry about being overheard, people who goes there never stays anyway, often just there to buy stuff they wanted and go back to the dorm, we also don't have any friends from other classes except for Yena Unnie and Garam. Garam stayed on the other room inside our dorm she rooms with her friend from her class and team. So we're clear, those kids were already asleep, her hand easily slid from my grip and held my hand willingly. We walked as we held hands. Her hand though callused felt like a security grip on my hand, I felt the palpable sparks between us, she looks so softly at me each time and each time I caught her, I just pretended not to notice. It has been a month it was too early to develop feelings for someone and most certainly I can't be falling for her this early, but her holding my hand as we walked towards the convenience store was a feeling I didn't ever want to go, I wanted to nurture it and to spend more days like these with her. Soon, we reached the convenience store, I knew she needed a meal. She typically only ever ate breakfast at Haneul Appa's dorm, she loads up on all the carbs and proteins she could in that meal and often would practice and then when it was time for everyone to go to school, she goes to a cafe and start work, then now I found out that after the afternoon daily evaluations and practice for weekly evaluations, she walked dogs. She looked like she could eat a lot, so I went to the hot food section of the convenience store, I ordered an eight piece chicken bucket, grabbed some Jjajangmyeon, Rice and other Banchan there was available and a couple of Pepsi Max. This was her dinner, I guess. I was just winging it, to be honest, this was the first time I was treating her out. I paid for our purchases and also got her a bar of chocolate to share with me for dessert. We sat at a table inside the store, somewhere secluded and would allow us some privacy. We sat and I tasked her to prepare the Jjajangmyeon I got for us. She stood by the Ramen preparation section and proceeds to pour hot water on it and left it to simmer on the cooker. After cooking the noodles she drained the water and puts in the sauce, she mixes both of the bowls and got back to her seat. Serving my Jjajangmyeon to me and I told her.