The part where I say I do

One year later...

Chaewon's POV: 

Today was the day we would marry each other, we picked the seventeenth of August 25th in the year 2029. We were doing great, Korea was now a united Nation, having the North reunified right after the death of the previous King Kang Joohwang last year, there were some threats of safety but since we're far from the borders, we continued to live life as we knew it. We continued preparing our wedding. A Traditional Western Style wedding. Eomma was thrilled and excited for us both as we prepared ourselves for our wedding day. Last year, Eunbi Unnie and Nako-chan have married each other in a Korean - Christian style wedding. Both were living life happily with Nako still part of EYESonUS. Kku Eomma and Chaen's kids were here with us at the Kang Sora Towers, Kwangbae Hyung have been gracious enough to host the wedding at her family's hotel. We were going to get married on one of the Banquet Halls. We've invited selected people as we didn't want to make a big fuss out of the wedding. It's just something we would like to keep private amongst our friends and family. The guests were made up of fifty people excluding our immediate family and teams from the industry that we belonged to. Yuri and I meticulously planned everything, we just wanted a small and intimate wedding, we wanted to be authentic and blissfully happy without any troubles. So everyone we knew were sorted not just once but thrice. We discussed who and why we should invite them and now we have the fifty people plus 25 family members which were our closest sisters, cousins, nephew and nieces. Yuri and I both had a sister, mine was older while hers was the youngest. Her sister was still in college and that was why we picked a suitable date just before classes re-started so her sister could come. Just a weekend in Seoul then she's going back to Busan right after our wedding and reception party is over. It was going to be an unforgettable weekend for us both. I sat at the ninth floor restaurant waiting for the others to come down, Yuri meanwhile was in the pool area with the other girls. I was facing the front and they occupied the back area of the hotel. We decided to follow the Western traditions of not seeing each other starting the day before. We last saw each other yesterday, the more I think about her the more excited I feel, I wondered how she would look like in her wedding gown. She, Kku Eomma and Eunbi Unnie made sure to keep me in the dark and never let me know the style she picked or what she looks like, save for the ambiguous reply she looked stunning in it and the color also stunning. It was that vague answer. She really was a brat who I love with a passion and warmth from my heart. I was interrupted by Nako-chan and was brought out of my reverie.

"Chaewon Unnie are you having jitters?" She asked me.

"Ani, I was just wondering how Yuri will look like in her wedding dress. Where are the others?" I asked her.

"They're about to come down, Unnie." She replied smiling to me.

"Oh and she's going to look stunning according to my aegiya Eunbi." She follows up to me.

"Tell me something I don't already know.* I replied to her pouting.

She chuckles at me and my pouting.

"Pupu Chae is excited to see her bride. You don't need to worry about it, my aegiya has great eye for dresses, just look at Minjoo when she married Kwangbae Hyung, her dress was so lovely. Coral really suited Min." She gushed at the memory.

She was right, Minjoo's Coral colored dress was bespoke and she looked so much like a Royal Princess, as if she was Queen of France or Queen of any European Country. Her gown was a mix of whimsical and legendary for the embroidery which incorporated a Daisy and a sole Orienpet Lily that Seri Eomma liked. Daisy was a flower Haneul Appa liked. I was thrilled at the prospect of seeing Yuri dressed in her wedding gown and veil. Our motif was the Galaxy, purple, silver, blue and black. The Banquet Hall at SoraTowers were already decorated to look like the galaxies. A theme close to our hearts, Yuri and I grew up together almost spending our youths together and dreaming of our stardom. My Namjoon Appa always called me his star. So it's a motif Yuri and I decided on. In honor of Namjoon Appa. Yuri was a brat but she's beloved by both of my parents and we started out as friends and we have now come full circle to this day when we get to marry each other. The part where we say I do to all the promises we each make, I admit, I was hyper fixating on Yuri's look rather than an important part of the wedding, like am I ready to provide her with all the love, understanding and care she have provided me through everything, through the worst days we will ever have? Like am I ready to fulfill that? Am I someone fit to be that person for Yuri? Then I remembered that it was the least I could do now, to finally marry her and my proposal last year was something I long wanted to give to her, never mind if I don't see myself fit because chances are I am and I am ready to be someone giving her everything she would ever need for better or for worse, come what may. Then the puppy Yujin emerged from upstairs, she sat with Nako and I at the table and greeted me warmly.