CHAPTER 46 🔥

NORA'S POV

They say or I quote, "Speech is silver, Silence is golden". Bullshit! Right now, silence is not golden, it's fucking awkward. It's so fucking awkward that everyone is concentrating on their plates like their plates holds secrets to their afterlives.

Ira and Eli refuse to look at us and my dear boyfriend, Kai's fingers gently draws circles on my thigh. I smile, slowly stopping him from doing that and that man just pouts. The audacity of that man. He needs to stop doing that considering that I might jump on his bones. Honestly, I am not kidding.

I clear my throat. They look up and then look down. I sigh.

"They caught him the person who caused Kai's accident." Now, the spell is broken. Ira's face lightens up and Eli's phone rings. He excuses himself to take the call. He is acting weird today.

"They did. Thank God, that asshole needs to be behind the bars." I smirk.

"Well, he is surely going to be behind the bars." I will make sure of it.

"What about the letters that you were getting? Did they stop threatening you?" My fingers freeze. Kai and I steal a glance. He intertwines our fingers trying to calm me down. The guilt never fucking goes. I try to calm myself down. She is his sister. She has every right to know.

"Actually, Kai's accident was connected with those letters. They tried to harm him to warn me. So, it was a warning for me." I don't make eye-contact and instead look at the vase sitting right in the middle of the dining table. I know that I am to be blamed. I rub my neck in nervousness and prepare myself for the consequences.

For a short time, I don't hear her. I don't hear anything. The chair near me scraps and I hear someone breathing next to me. Warm hands engulf me into a hug and melt into her.

"I am going to kill those assholes for trying to hurt you and my brother. And you know, what happens when I am mad. I become a raging psychopath." I chuckle and she pats my back.

I hear footsteps and they stop right in front of the table. Ira and I let go of each other. She wipes her tears.

"What's going on? I was just out for 5 minutes. Why are you girls crying?" I wipe my tears and frown when I see a tall blonde girl besides Eli. They are hand in hand and I raise an eyebrow at Eli. He looks away.

Okay. This is new. What's happening? Even Kai looks confused.

"Oh. My apologies. That's my fiancé, Aurora Kingsley." Aurora has beautiful eyes and she is around my height. She is wearing a blue sundress and is smiling sweetly. She seems sweet.

My eyes widen when I realized that he called Aurora, his fiancé. What's going on?

"I am so sorry to interrupt your dinner. That was very rude of me but Elijah insisted to join you guys for dinner. I am Aurora. You can call me Rory."

Everyone is stunned in the dining room. I blink and I realize it's getting awkward. I stand up from my chair and walk towards her.

"Hi, Rory. I am Nora. Nice to meet you. You can join us for dinner for sure." She smiles and I realize it's genuine and not fake. She is sincerely sweet and kind.

Eli pulls a chair for her and she thanks him and sits. Kai and Ira introduce themselves.

"I am gonna go grab a plate. Do you want wine?"