CHAPTER 32

NORA'S POV

A deafening sound engulfs the stadium. The entire stadium is illuminated with lights.

The chiming of the bells, the chattering of the crowd, the clinking of the beers, the gentle swaying of the wind induates the whole stadium.

It is gratifying in a certain way. The crowd is amped up and thrilled for the game.

But the ambience is different in the family room designated for the footballer's families so that they can watch the match in luxury and comfort.

The girlfriends and the wives chatter endlessly as if this place is a hell for them. There are cameras placed in every nook trying to capture anything or something. They try not to notice the cameras but the apprehensiveness in their behaviour sells them off. They are trying to not get judged.

This is the first time I am noticing. I failed to notice before. But everything is open to me right now.

After a atrocious week I dealt, I knew now how small minded people are. I know how fucking judgemental the world is. The amount of comments, the judgement of my character and how they feel about me when they don't know an ounce of me.

The character assassination of me made me realise, that now and in the future every move of mine will be judged.

People sitting behind the screens will be typing their verdict of me and my behaviour. They will type the things which they think they know of me. Their delusion that they experienced the whole world will be seen in their words they typed.

The roaring of the crowd brings me back to the reality. The game is about to start.

"You zoned out, Nora. Are you okay?" Ira's eyes are full of concern.

I smile.

"I will be fine." My voice is shaky.

She engulfs me in a hug.

"I know it is difficult. But I also that you are a brave girl and you don't hesitate to kick ass if someone irritates you. So don't hold back. We will kick ass together. We have a strong legal team." She is so cute.

I let out a chuckle.

"Thank you." Ira has been with me all week. She knows the whole showdown which happened between my mom and me.

Nate and Elena visited me and they know too because apparently mom told them everything.

I broke all ties with her. I don't need a negative person with me but at the same time it has left a big dent in my heart. I don't think that dent would go away anytime soon.

"Look there he is."

The screen in the room lights up with him. My heart races. My whole body zings up with excitement.

He looks so charismatic and focused. His eyebrows are narrowed which he always does when he concentrates. The camera zooms on him. My heart thumps and pounds ready to rip out of my chest.

My heart stills when he looks straight at the camera.

My breath stills.

The wind stills.

And the world stills.

It seems like he is looking straight through me.

I gulp.

His gaze sets a fiery storm throughout my body. He looks like he knows that I am here, watching him.

The camera then moves away from him.