CHAPTER 44

NORA'S POV

I am wide awake in the middle of the night. I am not calm even though I seem like. Somone tried to hurt him and they are not going to get away from it. So what if murder is a crime, there are other ways I can bring them to their knees. I want them to beg, scream. Their screams will make my nerves calm.

I check if Kai is awake but he is fast asleep. I tip toe and walk outside the porch. Mr. Barnes is wide awake and standing.

"Everything alright, Miss?" He raises a brow. He is a tough man with his big muscles. He almost looks intimidating. Emphasis on the word almost. He always wears black maybe to look intimidating.

"It is, for now. I just came out to get fresh air." He nods and gets back to his position. I sit on the porch and my phone dings.

Niko,

Come at the gym at 5 in the morning. I'll pick you up.

Something is clearly wrong. How can we not catch the culprit? What mistake are we doing? I glance at my phone and sneer.

How did that person always know about if I ever read the letters? Does that person has any access to the CCTV cameras or has he hacked our mobile phones to check our location?

Shit! How did this not strike me? We need to check everything. Niko must know. He will have his team.

I can't sleep now so I go to my room and freshen up. I make breakfast and recheck my schedule and my emails.

I get dressed up for gym. Before I leave, I write a note for Kai and leave it near his bedside table. He is still sleeping. I stroke his cheek but with ease so I don't wake him up. He needs to rest.

"Mr. Barnes, you don't have to accompany me. I am going to the gym. My friend, Niko is gonna pick me up." Mr. Barnes pulls out a bracelet. He puts it around my wrist.

"If you are in trouble, press this button. This will notify me that you are in danger and will reveal your location. Wear it all the time." He explains me and I listen to him with concentration not wanting to miss even a single detail.

"Thank You, Mr. Barnes." I smile and I catch a slight smirk.

"Stay safe, Miss Cox." I nod. I hear a car honking and I see Niko gesturing me to get inside the car.

I walk towards the car and step inside the car.

I don't speak anything and he doesn't too. I spot a notebook and a pen on his dashboard and grab it. I write on it.

I switch off my phone.

"Can I have your phone, Niko?"

His brows furrow in confusion.

"Why?"

"Just give it to me. Just trust me."

"Sure, I still have my burner phone."

"Cool!"

I roll down the car window and call out to Mr. Barnes.

"Mr. Barnes?" He walks towards our car.

"Can you do me a favour? Can you keep these phones with you? We will come home and take it."

He nods.

"Thank You so much." Mr. Barnes walks away.

"Why did you take our phones and hand it to Barnes?" He starts the car and we reach the gym.

"Because we are being tracked and spied on. Do you have anyone who can hack?"

His eyes widen. We walk towards the gym. Wow! It's open.