BONUS CHAPTER

(This takes place when Nora moves in with Kai and Ira)

KAI'S POV

Control is the one thing I can't afford lose and I think I am losing it. Maybe its because I had to take control when I was young vowing to take control of my life and my emotions. I had to forcibly to do that but someone has to. Ira was too young to take control. But am I happy losing it? I am because my sister finally has a smile on her face. It feels good finally seeing her happy. She doesn't fake her smile now with me.

But she has been smiling a lot when I moved in with her. She hates staying alone and I know why. I used to stay with Eli, my teammate. I moved out when her condition worsened.

"Thank You for letting me stay. I swear, I am gonna pay you the rent. It won't be much but I will try to pay."

Ira is at the side of the dining table glaring at me, daring me to say anything. I groan. I don't have any competition against Ira.

"You don't have to pay the rent." Her green eyes widen. She runs her fingers through her red hair. It's clear that she dyed it. She lowers her head and murmurs a quiet thank you and Ira takes her to a guest room. Not gonna lie, I investigated about her. I am not letting some stranger in my home and stay with us especially when my sister's safety is involved. There are a lot of people who dislike me. I am not taking any risk regarding Ira's safety.

She is some well-known billionaire's daughter and was an athlete. Everything was erased about her after that freak accident which finished her career and made her dad paralyzed. Her brother 'Nathaniel' took over his father's business. She, now, is an author trying to make her name known.

I shake my head. Ira will be safe. She told me that she knows her since 2 years. How can she easily trust people is beyond me? She always has been social than me.

I walk towards my room and hear Ira and green laugh. I almost stumble when I hear her laugh. Why is it so addictive? No, I am losing my focus. So I get ready for my training and gym.

She seemed so quiet and introvert. She didn't try to converse with me. She just quietly stood by Ira. Ira did all the dealing. I swear she has too much effect especially when she starts displaying her puppy hazel eyes.

Few Months After

I walk across the living room flinching at seeing her lying on my couch.

"Holy Shit!" I murmur under my breath. It's almost midnight. What is she doing here on the couch?

I tap her arm and she flinches.

"Huh?" She rubs her eyes. Well, she seems tired. Her hair and makeup is a mess.

"Did I pass out here?" I roll my eyes. I avoid conversing with her for the sake of my mental health.

She rolls her eyes at the lack of a response. She sighs and gets up from the couch. She ties her hair in a bun and touches up her makeup.

She smoothens out her black shirt and black jeans. Where does she think she is going at midnight? Does she think she is a Cinderella?

"Where do you think you are going at this time?" My tone is harsh. No person in their sane mind would go out at midnight.

"Work. I have night shift." Night shift?