Chapter 22 Noodles!

Mk wasn't a very good cook. Not when compared to his father, Pigsy. But he wasn't too bad. He could make things that were edible.
And at the moment, he believed the prince needed something to have.

Mk rolled up his sleeves, taking a deep breath as he prepared the counter. He sprinkled flour over it, turning around and grabbing a mixing bowl and cracking two eggs inside. He winced upon see a few shells, hesitantly pinching them out with his fingers and throwing them to the side.
He poured flour with the eggs, along with oil and water. He coughed.

He began to mix the ingredients together, his tongue sticking out a rusts of flour landed on it, the silky smooth taste of flour itching his tongue. As the flour mixed in with the more voluminous of the ingredients it turned doughy. His cheeks were covered in residue as well as his hands. His rolled up cuffs had smears of dough.

He placed the newly made dough on the flour, rolling it into thin noodle strips. Of course, he tried to. Mk cursed to himself every time he rolled a noodle to thing and it snapped, or too thick it would most definitely suffocate anyone trying to swallow.
Yet he preserved.

He had just gained the prince's trust, he wasn't going to lose it from something as inferior ( and albeit ironic) as noodle making.

He paused once he heard a screech on Russian. He gulped and turned to see a familiar face. It was Chéng Léi! The tiger's tail was swishing back and forth I'm an irritable way, his eyes narrowing as his pupils dilated into slits. "Comrade. Friend. Mk. What are you doing in MY kitchen." The tiger growled and Mk felt himself shrink a bit.

"Uhh.... Making noodles...?" He finally looked around, grimacing as he realized what a mess of the kitchen he made. He chuckled anxiously, meeting Chèng Lèi's furiously burning eyes.

"You insult food if you call this cooking." He growled again, sighing as he shifted his body over to where Mk was. He moved behind the knight and grabbed his wrists. Slowly he began to knead the dough properly, the tiger taking the privilege to roll his sleeve up.
The moment reminded Mk of when his father, Pigsy, had taught him how to cook.

Soon the noodles were ready to be boiled into the flimsy, yet delicious...well, noodle!

The heat of the stove graced Mk's face graciously, causing him to blink as his skin grew tight from the heat. Chèng Lèi hovered behind Mk, glaring at him still. "You. Clean." He demanded, tilting his head to the side, gesturing to the noodles. "I'll watch."

Mk couldn't withhold a groan, causing the tiger to raise an eyebrow. Mk got the cleaning supplies and dramatically fell to his knees. He scrubbed off the flour, sighing softly. He got closer to the table, moving up and suddenly bumping his head on the table.
He hissed on pain, lifting himself up. He didn't have time to register the growing bump on his head as an egg he forgot to put away rolled and cracked on his head.

Mk let out a screech of terror as the yolk mixed with his usually silky smooth, albeit spiky, hair. Chèng Lèi noticed, signing before moving to Mk. He kneeled on one knee, gently cleaning the egg off Mk's head. "How did such an accident prone child such as you manage to beate on battle? Much less be the royal prince's bodyguard?"

Mk chuckled, grinning childishly as his tiger friend cleaned him up. It felt like forever since he was able to goof off with a friend.

"What. The. Fuck?!" The shrill voice Mk had grown familiar with ring loudly in his ear, the burning sensation of heat returning as his skin tightened once more from the intensity. He looked over to see Redson.
The prince's hair had burst into flames, seering the ceiling above him.

Redson marched over to the two, glaring at Chèng Lèi as he snatched the rag from him. Without another word he began to scrub off the egg off of Mk's scalp. Painfully so.
Mk withheld a wince, feeling the playful mood melt as he held a straight face.

Chèng Lèi frowned having noticed.

Redson was uncharacteristically stiff. His scowl deeper than normal. His gaze holding unspoken emotions Mk didn't understand.

Finally, Mk's scalp had been cleaned of egg. As well as rubbed raw and throbbing. Redson moved closer and suddenly clinged to Mk's arm, confusing the knight considerably. "Puny chef! This is my knight!" He sneered.

Chèng Lèi rose an eyebrow once again, scoffing. "Well than, your highness. Tell your knight to not mess up my kitchen." The tiger retaliated, his tail twitching.

Redson's flames brightened, turning even bigger as his skin practically cooked Mk's. The knight tried to not wince, glancing away. "Why would he even come into the kitchen!?"

"Why not ask him?"

"You ask him.... Peasant!"

Redson glanced away on embarrassment, his eyes slowly moving to Mk. The two locked eyes and Redson apparently felt even more embarrassed as he realized he was clinging onto Mk, pushing him away. "Why were you on the kitchen a-anyways?"

Mk brushed his arm, withholding a sigh as he noticed a few bruises forming. "I was trying to make you noodles." He answered, moving back to Redson. He placed both hands on his shoulders.
"Calm down, okay, your highness?"

Redson looked away, his cheeks reddening. If it was from embarrassment or his flames he didn't know. He huffed, grabbing Mk's wrist. "I don't want any dumb noodles!"

He dragged Mk out, glaring at Chèng Lèi before slamming the door. Mk easily followed Redson's steps, confusion evident on him.
Why was Redson suddenly so... Aggressive? Did something happen? Was he still scared from the intruder the other day?

Mk hadn't thought of that! How idiotic of him to leave the prince alone after such an event!

Mk opened his mouth to apologize, but just then Redson turned around. He glared at Mk, his cheeks puffing out ever so slightly from anger. "Why can't you relax like that with me? What does that damned tiger have that I don't?"