chapter 8 semifinals

" Aaaand just like that folks, is the end to the beginning of this tournament! Everyone you saw win is the ones who'll go to the semifinals! Again, those are Mighty fist, iron gauntlet, orange thunder, monkie kid, Kevin the great, and Red!" The producer said, clearly had looked at a list. Mk glanced around, he knew who most of the participants left were. He didn't know who Kevin and Red were. Though, a sneaking suspicion said that Kevin was the man covered in gold armor. Making Red the other guy, he took the approach Mk had as well. Mysterious, no one knowing who he was. Instead of Mk's short sleeves turtle neck, he wore a covering shirt that had a cape with a hood. He seemed...strange indeed. He gave off energy nobles did, posture screamed ' I'm better than you.' Mk kept getting the instinct to bow. Who knows, maybe it was his knight senses tingling. " Now, let's begin the semifinals... After this break!" Mk could hear the audience groan. It made him grin. The break was the producer advise something new named ' soda' as the nurses treated any injured.

" need anything sirs?" A nurse asked, gesturing to the tiger and me. I shook my head, but the tiger grabbed the lady's hand and gentle kissing it.

" A date would be preferred, you lovely ...flower" the nurse gave a high pitched laugh, face starting to turn red.

"Oh my, sir. I..I suppose after the tournament." She studdered, Mk huffed turning his head away. He heard the nurse walk away and stared at the Tiger. Of course, making him ominous with the smiling monkey mask. " uhh, friend. Are you alright? I can only guess since i can't see your face." He asked, uneasy.

" can't believe you just hit on someone in front of me. While at a tournament." Mk said, baffled.

" Aww. Is the Monkie kid jealous that I can get woman?" The tiger pat his head, Mk hit his hand away. Just then the announcement came on again.

" Aaaalllright! Lady's and gentlemen! Time for the semifinals!" The crowd roared louder.  " First battle is Orange Thunder and Iron Gauntlet!" Iron Gauntlet slowly stepped out. The ground shaking as he did. The tiger, however had an amused face.

" Well. That is it for our conversation, comrade. Until then." He said, getting up. Mk looked at the battlefield, the battle was starting. It was close for both parts. Orange thunder lived up to his name. He out sped Iron drastically. But Iron Gauntlet was superior in strength, if he could actually hit Orange he was lose. But after a very tense battle, Orange thunder came out on top. The crowd roared louder than before. Orange come limping back to Mk, collapsing onto the seat. " Wow..that was far more difficult than I thought it would be." Mk nodded, the battle made him excited for his.

" Next up is Kevin The Great, and Mighty fist!" The two walked out, Mighty gave Mk a nasty glare. Which Mk easily ignored, the two stood from eachother. Until the producer announced they could fight. The fight was very much unfair, Kevin sadly couldn't live up to his name and loss in one punch. The audience was silent for a minute, before everyone started clapping. Mighty fist started stomping back. He stood in front of Mk, Orange already passed out.

" See kid. THATS how a real warrior fights." There was a tsk of annoyance, and both Mk and Mighty turned around. It was Red, Mk narrowed his eyebrows. " What? You think your better punk?" Mighty stepped closer to Red. Red shook his head on annoyance,

" you make it sound as if strength is everything a warrior needs. It's not, strength is a great quality. But strategy and speed will always win." Mk nodded, showing he agreed. Of course, Mk was strong in strength as well. But he didn't rely on it.

" Why you little-" he was interrupted.

" Neeext lady's gentlemen we have Orange thunder and Mighty fist!" Orange's wounds had just been healed by magic. He groaned, but continued nonetheless. Mk and Red sat watching, of course, wondering why they weren't chosen to fight eachother given they hadn't yet. Mk couldn't help but glance at Red, the mask hid his glances. He eventually forced himself to focus on the battle. It was close, even though Orange's wounds were healed, he was exhausted. Same with Mighty. The battle was fierce, each blow was powerful. But not with as much power as each had. Finally, Mighty fell down. Foam running down his chin. After he did, Orange passed out as well. " after a close, tense March,..ORANGE THUNDER HAD BEEN DECLARED THE VICTOR. JLINING RED AND MONKIE KID IN THE FINALS!" Mk nodded, a small smile finding it's way on his face. He was hoping he'd get to fight Orange. But, that was up to fate. Until then, he was excited.