chapter 13. these feelings are different

Redson couldn't help but blush, different weird feelings rushed threw him. He huffed at the boy, as he left. He didn't know what it was, maybe he hated his new knight. It was absolutely embarrassing for a prince like him to have a bodyguard! Mk- no, Redson refuses to use the nickname- Qi Xiăotiān didn't even look strong. Redson did! He growled as he couldn't muster up any sour feelings for the knight. His face flushed at the thought of all the man did for him. Just on day one? The man already acted like a professional! Redson turned and twisted in his bed, his eyebrows tilted, making his eyes narrow in a angry expression. He huffed, not understanding the warm feeling. Not able to fall asleep with curiosity, he got out of bed. He went to his desk, searching for something. "Ah. There it is." He whispered, talking to himself. He carried the heavy book back to his bed, he flicked off any dust or fuzz that got on it. Revealing a dictionary. He scrowled threw it, reading every definition. He stopped when something caught his eye, a word that explained what he felt perfectly. He was embarrassed when he realized what it was. With a sigh, he reread the word to himself.
Appreciation.
With a grumble of regret, he put the book on his nightstand. Covering himself with his covers, he sighed once more. His curiosity quenched, but he felt even more sour. Knowing he was starting to respect the man. Woth one final thought, he drifted back to sleep.

☆♡☆With Mk☆♡☆

Mk let out a yawn, stretching his lanky body. He cracked a few bones, trying to loosen them up. He started taking off his uniform, throwing on some more comfortable clothing. He went and washed his face, splashing it with water. That was when he sensed another presence, his instincts sharpened. When he felt them close, he reacted. With a growl, he grabbed the intruder, and with swift movement, threw him over his shoulder. The person landed harshly on the cold, hard wood floor. Mk - who still had the man's arm- twisted it above the man's head. His eyes narrowed, he gasped when he saw who it was.

"Wow..you definitely surprised me bud. Did NOT expect that!" Sun Wukong stated, clearly baffled. Mk jolted off of him, wincing when he got off his back slowly. "Argh- think I pulled something, damn, I'm getting old." The monkey said to no one in particular. Mk handed his hand out, the monkey taking it. The boy helped Wukong up, slowly, seeing as Mk's move did a surprising number on him. "Ugh. Good job on the instincts bud! Just..gotta remember somebody's presence...who knows what would have happened if that was someone else! "Wukong told him, trying to pop his back, when he did, Wukomg let out a whine of pain as his eyes shot opened. Mk winced again, helping his mentor to his bed.

"Why are you here? Last I checked, you could just come in here. The king would love to see you again. Y'know..since the last time you did was to suppress the prince's powers." Mk asked, Wukong looked to the side.

"We...uh..got into a fight." He said quickly, Mk raised an eyebrow, knowing his mentor better.

"Really? What about?" Mk pried.

"Uhhh..stuff that's not for kids." Wukong was visibly sweating. Mk eyebrow rose, bit he left it alone. Much to Wukongs' relief. "Sooo..how was the first day?" His mentor asked, his tail swishing in excitement. Mk expression fell a bit,

"still upset I got stuck guarding the prince.." Mk pouted. Wukong laughed,

"yeah..it do be like that sometimes." Mk smiled back, he collapsed onto the bed. Closing his eyes, his jumped slightly when he felt Wukong get off, then he calmed down when he basically tucked him in. "Night kid. Hope you have a better day tomorrow!" With that, Mk fell asleep. Glad he had his mentor on his side.