chapter 16 containment

Redson surprised himself, not knowing why he shouted so desperately for the knight. His concern was not needed. Mk summoned his staff, whirling it around, controlling the wind which controlled the fire. He whirled it until it went out. Mk looking lavid. The sorcerer that had shot the blast went pale, mk walking closer. The crest on his chest glowed brightly and Mk stopped, Redson's father stepping to him.

"Are you alright, Mk?" He asked, his voice softer than usual.
Mk simply nodded, his eyebrows leaned downward, a scowl present. Dbk simply nodded back. The crest stopped glowing and Mk burst forward, punching the Sorcerer. Redson was amazed at the speed, though, he wouldn't admit that. The sorcerer laid on the ground passed out, a few teeth laid scattered around him. The zombies vanished since their core was unconscious. Mk cracked his fist, his harsh gaze softening when the enemy was seemingly gone.

Mk walked back to Redson, "are you alright? Heavens know what would happen if you got bitten." He inspected the prince.

As Mk expected, Redson slapped his hand away, muttering a soft "I'm fine." Mk smiled, the king effortlessly picked up the traitor. Going inside to find the queen. Mk heard a noise, and raised an eyebrow, his instincts started to suddenly scream at him. Panicked, he summoned his staff, Redson noticed the others distress, stiffening. Suddenly someone charged forward, so fast no one could see. Whoever it was hit the king, sending him into the ground. Mk gasped, about to leap onto the intruder who dare harm the king. But he stilled as the sun lifted over the collapsing pillar, using it's bright, shining self to reveal, only to reveal the one of the people trusted most.

Sun Wukong.

Redson gasped, before yelling " Wukong? What are you doing! This is treason!" His hair flares in the air, his eyebrows arched.

Wukong simply stared at him, single-handedly keeping the great beast down with his leg. "This kingdoms time must come to an end." He spoke, seeming as if he was looking directly at Mk, as if he was trying to beg him to agree, or teach him a lesson. Mk's mouth hung open, not understanding how his idle, mentor, father could do this to him. "besides, monarchy is so overrated!" The supposed great sage seemed relaxed, his tail swishing around freely. Mk gritted his teeth, clenching his fist, before he could react, Redson shot forward. Fire burning passionately in his hand. Wukong easily dodged, kicking Redson away. Mk simply watched, only starring vacantly at Wukong.

Mk picked up the staff, "I am a knight of this kingdom, sworn to defend it with my last breath, If you plan to take this kingdom down, you'll have to take me down first!" Mk spat out, glaring at the stone monkey. Before Wukong could process what his kid said, Mk jerked forward. Colliding with his stomach, he got him off of DBK. Wrestling In an unfair match, Wukong years of strength ahead of him. He simply tried to keep up, using any strength he has left. Wukong growled, using his tail to toss him away. Mk slammed into the ground, spitting out grit.

Wukong gave an unreadable glance at Mk, "I'm disappointed in you, I thought you would understand." He began, he smiled softly, getting on one knee in front of Mk. "But that's okay. I'll show you how wrong you are! Because I'm your mentor, that's what I do!" The monkey held his hand out. Mk starred at him in complete disbelief, he growled, shooting forward once more. He clenched his hands to form a fist, Wukong caught it before it hit him. Wukong seemed furious, his eyes could kill Mk with how fierce his glare was. Before Sun Wukong could speak again, he was hit by a powerful punch. Mk looked to see the king, he seemed so hurt, so betrayed, starring at his hand in dismay. It was only a second, before taking an angry look to Mk.

"He's your mentor?" Mk gulped, not knowing how to explain this. For some reason, Mk felt as if something bad was going to happen.